Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

1. Old Comment

Conflicted

Tell him but be prepared for disappointment. Then again it could lead to you and your Dad becoming closer. Tricky. Anyhow congratulations on your news and good luck.
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 13th January 2015 at 09:32 AM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  2. Old Comment

Conflicted

It's only depriving her of a granddad if she would regularly see that person.

As that doesn't seem to be the case then perhaps it's something you could discuss with her when she's old enough.
    Posted 12th January 2015 at 10:57 PM by Demdike@Cult Labs Demdike@Cult Labs is offline
  3. Old Comment

Arguing

Sorry. This is one you need to work out yourselves. If you are considering splitting with her then a baby is an absolute no no.
    Posted 29th March 2014 at 04:05 PM by Demdike@Cult Labs Demdike@Cult Labs is offline
  4. Old Comment

Warrior (Review)

I wasn't put off so much by how MMA was depicted in Warrior but more of how predictable the film's outcome became. Like you said, Warrior recycles heavily from The Fighter. Mickey Ward and Dick Eckland construct the identities of Joel Edgerton and Tom Hardy's personas respectively. Yet I feel Warrior is a fantastic film because Nick Nolte makes for an unforgettable supporting actor. There is depth to Paddy Conlon that Melissa Leo was never able to capture in her depiction of Alice Ward. Conlon decides the crucial character arcs that take place during the closing acts of the movie and ultimately it is his own flawed traits that reunite the brothers and divide them, he seemingly grows up as an individual where Alice Ward does not.
    Posted 27th May 2013 at 02:03 PM by Lou Longshanks Lou Longshanks is offline
  5. Old Comment

Warrior (Review)

Stu you completely missed the entire point of the film, it's not about MMA it's about a family torn apart that reunite under the guise of MMA fighting. It's about two brothers and their alcoholic father. I'd recommend watching it again, it's a fantastic film and no there no other films that do this kind of thing better, the MMA films that are out there are for the most part cheap knock off's of Never Back Down.
  6. Old Comment
  7. Old Comment

Bus Seat Sick

God man I would have been so p!ssed off, can't really kick off though since there is a kid there...
  8. Old Comment

Drive By Egging

Used to get things like that constantly back in my hometown, and my brother has been drenched with a can of drink they threw at him before. That one made me especially furious, they were doing over 60mph and threw practically a full can at him - it could have caused serious damage if it had hit his head.

I can't believe people who are old enough to own and drive a car are immature enough to do shit like that.
  9. Old Comment

I'm Dreading It

Speaking as someone who has beaten cancer twice, no matter what the outcome, don't let it get you down, beating it isn't the hardest part, but coping with it can be so if you stay strong willed then it makes life a damn sight easier
  10. Old Comment

I'm Dreading It

Try your best not to worry too much. Easier said than done i know. As Sharon has said it could be a number of things. Best of luck anyway BoF keep us posted.
  11. Old Comment

I'm Dreading It

I wouldn't worry until you've seen the doctor about it. It could be a number of other things. Good luck!
    Posted 13th May 2013 at 06:04 PM by SharonLynette SharonLynette is offline
  12. Old Comment

Ray Harryhausen R.I.P

A bit of an aggressive rant. I'm sure there are some critically acclaimed people out there you aren't aware of. Maybe instead of ranting you could just educate them about him instead that way you all win.
    Posted 12th May 2013 at 08:58 PM by SharonLynette SharonLynette is offline
  13. Old Comment

Ray Harryhausen R.I.P

I don't think it's the case that no one cares as such, just people behind the camera, especially in fx roles, never get recognition beyond genre fans due to the nature of their work. Just the way it is really. It's neither the fault of the people behind the camera nor is it the fault of those who don't know about them.
  14. Old Comment

Justin Bieber Says He's Bigger Then Michael Jackson

Damn straight! Bieber is really starting to boil my piss! Moaning to ensue.
  15. Old Comment

Leaving Youtube

you're crazy youtube is great i get to show things i like, so should you
  16. Old Comment

Twitter / Blocking

I've never had anyone stop following me on Twitter, sure i rarely use it and when i do it's only for film related stuff, but don't take it too personally, by the sound of things the facebook page was deleted which is why you couldn't access it. Dunno about why he unfriended you, but alot of people do what is called a 'cull' when all of their news feed is full up of random crap you have no interest in, for instance, for me it's pictures of bloody (not covered in blood) babies or i can't get the car started statements that i have no time for. With twitter, follow the people you know, you're a Youtuber, follow fellow youtubers, don't bother following douch bags like this big brother winner, clearly he's up his own arse.
    Posted 11th October 2012 at 04:00 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  17. Old Comment

Twitter / Blocking

Dude, that's cold. I don't get twitter to be honest and I gave up on my Facebook account as well which I set up to promote my blog - I was posting good film stuff too, not the usual youtube repostings people do ("Check out this surfing dog"), and I was getting no support, no encouragement from anyone... Life's too short, and people don't appreciate someone putting time and effort into something.
  18. Old Comment

Spaghetti Westerns

I was going to buy the Sergio Leone trilogy on Blu-Ray but went against it after hearing about the mixed reactions concerning the transfer quality. As you said, the films themselves are all fantastic westerns, definitely a complete far-cry from the American interpretation of the genre - which only more recently went gritty with the likes of Tombstone and Appaloosa.

Saying that my favourite western is still either High Noon (the antagonist to Rio Bravo) or Death Rides a Horse, for the Lee Van Cleef factor. The latter is in public domain now, so you should be able to legally watch it online for free. You probably already know this I'm guessing though.
    Posted 5th January 2012 at 05:50 AM by Lou Longshanks Lou Longshanks is offline
  19. Old Comment

Sulking Friend

You call this guy a "friend"? Haha.
    Posted 5th January 2012 at 05:41 AM by Lou Longshanks Lou Longshanks is offline
    Updated 5th January 2012 at 05:55 AM by Lou Longshanks
  20. Old Comment

Splatter

im a big fan of proper splatter films and its not because they scare me and i personally don't think that's the intention when they are made.

a true splatter film should be over the top and fun to watch, its all about focusing on the gore and ott violence compared to a normal horror film.

a fewfilms that do this well are

braindead
    das komabrutall duell
    violent shit trilogy

all over the top and fun to watch but not a bit scary, ofc this is just my opinion

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.