Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree570Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2011, 11:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

If i'm not mistaken the latest issue of TDS features letters from our very own forum members James Morton and Keirarts.
Old 1st September 2011, 02:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

I can't find any copies of The Dark Side in any newsagents in my town, including WH Smiths.
Old 1st September 2011, 04:03 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I can't find any copies of The Dark Side in any newsagents in my town, including WH Smiths.
Its been out since July, probably all gone, a new one should be due soon.

Although its been three months since the last DVD World mag so who knows. Then again there is always a six month delay before they publish the one with a free dvd. Every three months my arse!
Old 1st September 2011, 07:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The new one (#143 Sept/Oct) is already out. Some cracking interviews (John Russo, Ruggero Deodato, Allan Scott and Ian McCulloch) and a great feature on Night Of The Living Dead. Well worth seeking out.
mark meakin likes this.
Old 1st September 2011, 09:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
The new one (#143 Sept/Oct) is already out. Some cracking interviews (John Russo, Ruggero Deodato, Allan Scott and Ian McCulloch) and a great feature on Night Of The Living Dead. Well worth seeking out.
Cheers, the website hasn't changed yet, still showing the Maniac Cop cover as the latest issue. (Well it was this afternoon anyway)
Old 1st September 2011, 11:08 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

Although its been three months since the last DVD World mag so who knows. Then again there is always a six month delay before they publish the one with a free dvd. Every three months my arse!
Yeah,where has dvd WORLD gone?? has Mr Bryce folded it? i have EVERY issue of that mag, as it suits my tastes more than Dark Side, as it covers CULT movies instead of just horror............i love hORROR, and Dark sIDE, but the balance in DVD WORLD was right.
Old 6th September 2011, 05:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
Yeah,where has dvd WORLD gone?? has Mr Bryce folded it? i have EVERY issue of that mag, as it suits my tastes more than Dark Side, as it covers CULT movies instead of just horror.
Yeah, both the above mags generally hit the shelves the same time but not recently. To be honest, i think i probably prefer the former publication to the revamped version of the latter. There may be a new TDS out there but i don't particularly consider it an improvement over the old school variant.
Old 6th September 2011, 06:07 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Yeah, both the above mags generally hit the shelves the same time but not recently. To be honest, i think i probably prefer the former publication to the revamped version of the latter. There may be a new TDS out there but i don't particularly consider it an improvement over the old school variant.
[B][COLOR="LemonChiffon"]yeah, i have also noticed the reviews of Arrow product in /Dark Side have all appeared in Dvd World,. i know Allan Bryce uses these forums, so maybe he could tell us where Dvd World has gone or why its taking so long. COLOR][./B]
Old 6th September 2011, 08:29 AM
Cult Addict

Next dark side promises a feature on films not yet released on blu-ray/dvd.

Considering the number of titles discussed on this forum it should be a weighty article!

I may write in and suggest BOOGENS and DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK, both of which are well overdue a release of some kind.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK.
I believe this title is available as a DVD-R release as part of the Warner Archive Collection in the U.S.

Yours truly has had several letters of his own printed in TDS over the years but i've long since dispensed with the relevant issues. Some of my fan correspondence made it into the pages of Video World and Impact magazines too on a few occasions.

Like this? Share it using the links below!