Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2011, 07:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've never seen the film but I for one will buy this regardless of BBFC cuts because I'm looking forward to seeing such a notorious film in HD for the first time.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 19th March 2011, 07:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I've never seen the film but I for one will buy this regardless of BBFC cuts because I'm looking forward to seeing such a notorious film in HD for the first time.
Same here. The animal cruelty always put me off so I'm looking forward to seeing this
Old 19th March 2011, 07:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I dont mean to be negative but if he edits out things apart from animal cruelty then its not going to appeal to me im afraid. I am a bit anal in terms of seeing the original version of a movie. I hope the new cut is simply re-arranged scenes etc and nothing else taken out as im afraid it will loose impact otherwise.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 19th March 2011, 09:23 PM
Active Cultist

i despise animal cruelty and i've never watched cannibal holocaust more than a couple of times because i can't bare to watch the animal scenes (same for cannibal ferox) which is a shame because otherwise i love these films.
an animal violence free hd master sounds perfect for me, i just hope they leave the rest intact.
Old 19th March 2011, 11:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
No one knows if this version will be the subject of BBFC-mandated cuts as it is a brand-new edit of the film supervised by Ruggero Deodato who has long regretted the animal violence in this film. There will be some scenes to which the BBFC would object, but we don't know they will be in Deodato's new version of Cannibal Holocaust.
I didn't know this version was going to be re-edited by Deodato himself.In that case, I'll be quite curious about seeing it (hopefully with no cuts to the faked human violence).
Old 20th March 2011, 12:56 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
an animal violence free hd master sounds perfect for me, i just hope they leave the rest intact.
It's the best we can hope for in the UK, but it sounds far from perfect to me - but I do applaud Shameless for being innovative and getting Deodato to supervise a BBFC-friendly edit of the film (although I hope this version isn't a case of re-writing history and trying to displace the original vision with this revision).

Whether you watch the film with or without the animal cruelty, the fact still remains that animals were killed in the course of making this film. If you object that strongly you should shun the film completely. Just because you're watching it sans animal cruelty, the animal cruelty footage still exists and is a part of the film. You can remove all the unpalatable stuff you like, it still doesn't alter the methods employed in making the film. I really dislike the way people embrace the film once the censor makes it more palatable for them.

Let me put it this way, if someone actually filmed the real abuse of a child and included it in their film, would you want anything to do with that film, even if the scene was taken out? Fact is, the director still filmed it, so one's first reaction is to shun it completely.

It's also interesting that Kerman, in interviews on the Grindhouse release, really shows his distaste for the animal stuff in CH. But, I do wonder that if he objected that strongly why he then went on to make not one but two further Italian cannibal epics, both for Lenzi. You'd think that after CH being offered a part in Cannibal Ferox might've been a giveaway that it was going to be similar in tone to CH. Well...I would, anyway...
Old 20th March 2011, 08:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

@Daemonia: You raise an interesting point about Kerman there.
Then again, (seemingly) all of the "animal footage" in "Eaten Alive" is "borrowed" from previous movies and Kerman's scenes in "Ferox" only consist of the "police investigation" subplot in New York- so MAY BE he didn't catch a glimpse of the upsetting stuff while shooting those 2?
Old 20th March 2011, 10:31 AM
Cult Rookie

Could you do the same with the other Cannibal movies, if you can get hold of the rights. Would love to own an animal cruelty version of Man from Deep River, Cannibal Ferox, The Mountain of the Cannibal God, Jungle Holocaust, and Eaten Alive.
Old 20th March 2011, 10:50 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
No one knows if this version will be the subject of BBFC-mandated cuts as it is a brand-new edit of the film supervised by Ruggero Deodato who has long regretted the animal violence in this film. There will be some scenes to which the BBFC would object, but we don't know they will be in Deodato's new version of Cannibal Holocaust.
Does this mean that from now on this will be the only version of Cannibal Holocaust to receive worldwide release?

Will we never see a Blu Ray version of the fully uncut film available in another territory?
Old 20th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
Does this mean that from now on this will be the only version of Cannibal Holocaust to receive worldwide release?

Will we never see a Blu Ray version of the fully uncut film available in another territory?
No as far as I know this is just a Shameless exclusive for the UK.
If Grindhouse star to release blu-rays then you are sure they will release full release as they dont have to get rated for DVD in the US.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!