Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Which Video Nasties are the best?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which Video Nasties are the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2008, 10:57 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm still scratching my head over the fact that Contamination was once considered a 'Nasty' - ha ha.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 4th August 2008, 12:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Crazy isn't it, it's in BOTB 2 fully uncut with A 15 Certificate!!! Just shows how ridiculous the whole thing was I guess
Old 4th August 2008, 05:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The film was going to be passed with over 2m of cuts for an 18 rating back in 1985, that is until the distributor lost interest in continuing with the classification process.
Old 4th August 2008, 05:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Does anyone recon there was any films on 'the list' that deserved being banned, even that they should be still banned in uncut form today.?
Old 4th August 2008, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nothing deserves to be banned from that list mate.Certain things remain taboo and banned,and rightly so,but no,certainly nothing from above.
Even the likes of ISOYG and CH,seeing as they're only films,i.e.make believe and not reality,then everyone should have the free choice whether to watch them or not......
Old 4th August 2008, 06:23 PM
Cultist

How about 'Fight for your Life' - any one think that has any chance of seeing the light of day in the UK any time soon?

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 4th August 2008, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Would be nice to see the film being released here but no such release is being planned as far as I know.

As far as it having any censorship problems today? I'm quite sure it would breeze through. The BBFC certainly wouldn't take it as seriously as they did last time when it was banned. Not exactly a pleasant film but I don't see how it could have a harmful effect on viewers
Old 4th August 2008, 08:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Would it be it the racism that would cause the main problems with the censor , or the violence , if Fight for your life were to be resubmitted today.?

Totally agree with ya Reap's.

BTW, The question is only directed at the 74 films on the DPP list, and imo although we'll never see all 74 film's uncut legally here in the UK for a very long time to come, I just wondered what other people thought about the films on 'the list'., now its in front of them.?

I was just wondering if anyone thought any of the films listed by the DPP deserved to be banned in uncut form back then or today, even the ones that have since been unbanned, classified and passed legally , in uncut form by the BBFC.

Anyone else have any thoughts,? remember its just the original 74 films in their uncut form.
Do you think any of the 74 films listed deserved being banned , and are there any films from the list you feel should remain banned in the UK in they're FULL UNCUT form today.?

Last edited by vipco; 4th August 2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 4th August 2008, 08:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I reckon Vip's,if someone had the time,money and could be arsed tracking down the rights,digitally transfering it and submitting it to the BBFC,not a lot on that list WOULDN'T pass uncut.....The slogan 'PREVIOUSLY BANNED' or 'FORMER VIDEO NASTY' helps shift units IMO......Mike Lee would be the guy to ask that question......
Old 4th August 2008, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

There's too much politically correct bullshit in this country for Fight For Your Life to be released. I have the Blue Underground disc and that's good enough for me. Hilarious film, especially the dog pissing scene .

Like this? Share it using the links below!