Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2009, 10:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Orbit Media. They are also releasing Vault of Horror and Zombie Flesh Eaters 2.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 7th July 2009, 11:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I wouldn't mind a 2nd copy of ZFE 2 and another version MOTCg.

If you can will ya keep me posted of any release dates mate.?
Old 7th July 2009, 11:25 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
Redemption have released it uncut in the uk,or you could go the r1 route with the something weird release,billed with feast of flesh,or if your really masochistic get the horror from south of the border set from bci eclipse which has a few other mexican monstrosities on there,and they are all original language with english subs.(according to the box anyways,as i aint got round to watching them yet!)

Hope this helps!
I've got NOTBA on a double bill with "Curse of the Doll People" both have the option of Spanish or English language.NOTBA is great dubbed as the accents come from all over the place with one very Mexican copper speaking with an Irish accent if memory serves me correctly.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:36 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I've been contemplating my navel. Even better I've been contemplating some of the AB/Vipco/Hardgore releases from the past 10 years that experienced BBFC problems, and wondered how they would fare now.......

Maniac - Would pass uncut
Toolbox Murders - Would pass uncut
Night Of The Demon - Would pass uncut
Pranks - Would pass uncut (probably a 15 now)
Mark Of The Devil - Would pass uncut
The Mutilator - Would pass uncut
Tombs Of The Blind Dead - May pass uncut
Island Of Death - Would restore most previous cuts though I could still see problems with the rape/urination scenes. The cuts would be minimal today.
House On The Edge Of The Park - Again quite a few cuts could be restored to this though the razor scene would have extreme difficulties. Far less cuts than Island Of Death but certainly edited nonetheless.
Cannibal Holocaust - Would restore most of the human violence (not sure about the mudball/dildo scene) though the animal killings would still be cut.
Cannibal Ferox - All the human violence would be restored though the closeups of the hook insertions would be cut. Animal killings would also be cut.
Last Cannibal World - I can't see this being treated any different than before. It's vaguely possible that the rape of Me Me Lai could be restored though very unlikely. Who knows with this one. The crocodile scene would however be cut.
Eaten Alive - All the human violence would be restored (and would have last time if Vipco had submitted the uncut print). The initiation rape in the camp would probably pass but I'm not sure about the other two (one of which is reused footage of the Me Me Lai rape above). The animal fights/killings would not.
Mountain Of The Cannibal God - Can't see anything being waived to this. The additional footage in the overseas print (orgy & pig scene) would probably pass.

Last edited by vincenzo; 30th July 2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Maniac
Toolbox Murders
Night Of The Demon
Pranks
Mark Of The Devil
Tombs Of The Blind Dead
The Mutilator

Yes, they would pass uncut now. I wonder how Sadomania would fare today, personnaly i dont think it would cause any problems as the scene that was cut is quite mild ( like the rest of the film ). Nightmare in a Damaged Brain may pass uncut.
The Big Racket cuts might be waived.

Old 8th July 2009, 12:20 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Nightmares In A Damaged Brain would have easily passed uncut in 2005 had the uncut print been submitted. I doubt The Big Racket would have problems now either.

I'd love to see what the BBFC would make of Island Of Death today. It would give us an updated guide as to how far they're willing to go now.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It would be interesting to see what they make of it. There is no doubt the cuts would be reduced.

Old 8th July 2009, 12:27 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I wouldn't stick my neck out and say it would pass uncut now, though the cuts would amount to seconds rather than minutes.

Cannibal films aside the old video nasties that would still cause the most BBFC problems are I Spit On Your Grave and House On The Edge Of The Park.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Razor torture in House would definitley go.

Old 8th July 2009, 12:32 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The rock rape in I Spit would also still be heavily reduced.

Like this? Share it using the links below!