Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Crime & Thriller
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2010, 11:11 AM
Cultist

Hm..sounds wierd. Maybe there should be an uncut english version and a uncut italian version altough they are different. Will all this be fixed in the new english version? Maybe there is no such thing as an uncut version of this film only just different film versions for diffrent countries?
Old 28th May 2010, 11:49 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It would be best to ask Marc Morris...
A lot of the footage they used from the Italian version for the US re-release dvd composite was from a cut master.
This footage does exist uncut.

In any case I'm confident it will be a very nice release with all the effort that's gone into it and it does look a lot better than the US edition.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:02 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
It would be best to ask Marc Morris...

In any case I'm confident it will be a very nice release with all the effort that's gone into it and it does look a lot better than the US edition.
Have you seen screencaps?
Old 28th May 2010, 01:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Looking at the "trailer" I'd say it looks better.
Also people who saw it at the cinema have stated it looks stunning.
Old 30th May 2010, 09:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
There's nothing lazy about working for a year to get such a release approved, tracking down the best materials and then painstakingly assembling the best version of the film out there - indeed nothing Marc Morris touches is lazy - it's usually always the best!
While i'm happy to see ALIAWS finally being blessed with a British DVD release i'm not at all surprised that Optimum chose to skimp on the extras. The company is something of a far cry from the likes of Shameless and Arrow imo. Typical really for Optimum given their touch and go track record.

I'll be buying this edition of Fulci's vintage giallo purely for the version on offer and only then when the DVD comes down in price.
I have both first and second SS releases of ILIAWS so will stick with these despite their flaws.

The only saving grace of Optimum's issue is that the ever hard working Marc Morris will no doubt have made his usual painstaking efforts on restoring both the film and it's PQ. The man's name linked with any DVD release is generally the sign of a high quality product.
Old 1st June 2010, 09:43 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
Well, why would he refer to that version if he knows that SS re-released a second very nice uncut widescreen version?
As was mentioned later the widescreen version is not actually complete - this is the most complete version available anywhere, and is also in widescreen. That makes it unique as far as I'm aware!
Old 1st June 2010, 09:49 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I've seen it - it's amazing - if you love the film you need to see it!
Old 1st June 2010, 10:18 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm with The Dragon on this one, once it's down in price i'll scoop it up. £20 really is a little too much for a barebones release. Optimum titles are usual knocked down to £8 within 6 months anyway, so it'll be mine soon enough!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 1st June 2010, 10:29 AM
Cult Rookie

Hee hee I very much doubt it will actualy start at £20 anywhere - it's already twelve quid on play.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:39 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'd probably break down and buy it for £12 if I saw it in store!

Welcome to The Deuce

Like this? Share it using the links below!