Like Tree919Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Ive been eyeing those sets for awhile,ill stick in my wishlist for next pay day.I don't think ive seen any of those films on the Hammer sets.
I did read the second set wasn't as good so haven't picked it up yet. but i will do.

If you want a real shot in the dark you could try a Kit Parker Noir collection. I bought this one purely for Mr. District Attorney, but there are some crackers alongside it such as Hijacked.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forgotten-No...J7VSVG2ZJXJJ1B
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Here's what I currently own on Blu where 'classic era' Noir is concerned:
Terrific collection B_E.

A lot of those i haven't seen.
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Could be interesting if we three could each review a Noir film once a week on this thread.

It might give others ideas.
Old 3rd October 2015, 01:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Could be interesting if we three could each review a Noir film once a week on this thread.

It might give others ideas.
Here's another set I noticed awhile ago looks more sleazier than the average noir.Looks like the kind of stuff BE would get off on while beating his gimp.(how is MTDS by the way)

A1xqZGSOGEL._SL1500_.jpg

Old 10th October 2015, 08:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Night and the City (Limited Edition Blu-ray) [1950]

Just watched the Blu of Night And The City, a wonderful transfer to a brilliant film.No film from the 50's has the right to look this good, I could pretty much count the beads of sweat on Stanislaus Cyganiewicz hairy torso. Richard Widmark is as weasily as a weasel,but boy he can act. The story is pure noir with a doomed protagonist who leaves anyone he passes in misery or out of pocket. You cannot rate a film this good, because its that good.

Old 10th October 2015, 09:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Just watched the Blu of Night And The City, a wonderful transfer to a brilliant film.No film from the 50's has the right to look this good, I could pretty much count the beads of sweat on Stanislaus Cyganiewicz hairy torso. Richard Widmark is as weasily as a weasel,but boy he can act. The story is pure noir with a doomed protagonist who leaves anyone he passes in misery or out of pocket. You cannot rate a film this good, because its that good.
Unfortunately I had to cancel my pre-order to save money due to yet another vet bill, since this has doubled in price, so I'm hanging back for it to be reproduced. In the meantime Weiny will be forced to recreate this film for me now that he's recovered.
Old 10th October 2015, 09:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Unfortunately I had to cancel my pre-order to save money due to yet another vet bill, since this has doubled in price, so I'm hanging back for it to be reproduced. In the meantime Weiny will be forced to recreate this film for me now that he's recovered.
You know I pre ordered myself, it was about 19.99, but the price must of gone down as I was only charged 11.99. Can Weiny wrestle??

Old 10th October 2015, 09:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
You know I pre ordered myself, it was about 19.99, but the price must of gone down as I was only charged 11.99. Can Weiny wrestle??
I had it at £10.25, it was so cheap but the vet bill was £50, a weeks worth of food shopping for me.

He can, just not very well hence the frequent vet trips. He's watched Women in Love too many times me thinks.
Old 10th October 2015, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I had it at £10.25, it was so cheap but the vet bill was £50, a weeks worth of food shopping for me.

He can, just not very well hence the frequent vet trips. He's watched Women in Love too many times me thinks.
That's what happens when you wrestle Olly Reed naked.

Old 10th October 2015, 10:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
That's what happens when you wrestle Olly Reed naked.
Tell Weiny that, it's as if he can't help himself, he's wired wrong. No wonder the RSPCA took only 6 days to do all their checks and hand him over. A true problem cat. He also seems to hate cats, I don't think he is aware that he's actually a cat.

Of course I love him to bits and wouldn't change him for the world apart for if it was for his own good.

Like this? Share it using the links below!