Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Demoncrat 22nd May 2018 05:25 PM

Ferox??? WHY :lol:

Still ... would buy this. The animal cruelty lasts longer than 30 bloody seconds ....

Cut away. It adds nothing to the history of cinema does this. The fact there are extras should be cause for celebration regardless surely? :laugh:

Boo Radley 22nd May 2018 06:55 PM

The animals killed on screen argument has been done to the nth degree and the bottom line is you either want it as that is how the film was originally released, or you don't. The implication is always that if you want it in then you are a less moral, enlightened human than those who prefer these scenes removed, or censorship as it is known. This argument is always used for the less tasteful exploitation films but totally ignored when utilized in more high brow entertainment, Wake in Fright, Apocalypse Now, etc. The fact that you can see a mongoose and snake fight on the Discovery channel or horses breaking legs on Channel 4's racing and numerous other animals ripping each other to shreds on a multitude of animal documentaries on TV never disturb people who are all to ready to throw their arms up loudly proclaiming that these same scenes must be excised from cheap exploitation films. These facts also totally destroy the inane assumption and ridiculous argument that the BBFC are only following "The Law" and have to remove them. If it was "The Law" then these scenes would not be allowed in the aforementioned films and on TV. Full stop. It's either against the law or it isn't. You can cite the Animals Act all you like as proof but try telling that to the turtle from Cannibal Holocaust. The Act didn't seem to work for him.

The same double standard has raised it's ugly head lately on directors and actors as people are accused as womanizers, paedophiles or sex predators. This is the latest trend and in vogue at the moment. Again, this depends on who they are and if their artistic output is deemed important or not. Polanski...? Oh, no, I mean he was a great director so we can ignore he liked to fiddle with kiddies.
Woody Allen...? The man's a genius so it's okay if he dribbled his caffeine ridden sperm into under age girls.
Victor Salva....? Oh my GOD!!! Paedophile! Scum! Will NEVER watch one of his movies again!!
The hypocrisy is treacle thick and the deeper one delves into it, you will find is more based on class issues, as the great unwashed are deemed far too inferior to grasp such concepts than the more educated upper classes. A very British superiority complex that pervades every aspect of our society.

These attitudes and vocal outbursts are more to do with whoever posts them and not really about the things done. It's a way of saying that I am a superior being and my values and morals are higher than yours because I don't need to see things that you obviously do to enjoy something. The implication, never vocally raised but implicit once again, is that if you want to see an exploitation film in all its uncut glory then somehow you are a deviant who gets sexual gratification from it and therefore morally reprehensible. A superiority complex in its purest form.
Cannibal Ferox...? I don't want to see poor animals killed, it's terrible!
Wake in Fright....well, it's an important film and it's artistic merit somehow magically negates all animal violence into social commentary.

Bottom line is; It's a choice. Your personal preference. You might not want to see animal violence for a multitude of reasons and that is your prerogative. Someone else might want the scenes included because that is how the film was released. It matters not, especially in todays society where by the click of a mouse either will drop through your door in a matter of days. No one is right or morally superior by their decision and no one is wrong. Any argument is redundant as it is only personal opinions, not a fact. Because I remember only too clearly the Draconian censorship of the '80's, 90's and into this next century, which continues today but by more insidious methods, I will always opt for uncensored material. If anyone disagrees then that is their opinion and in the great scheme of things, means about as much as my opinion. In other words, nothing.

Rik 22nd May 2018 07:07 PM

Well said :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd May 2018 07:09 PM

I just want Lenzi to say in the doc that Ferox isn't cheap exploitative tat and is actually a meaningful social commentary.

For the record i prefer Ferox to Holocaust.

I'll close the door on the way out.

Demoncrat 22nd May 2018 08:37 PM

Phew, for a minute there I thought that 'virtue signalling' was rearing it's ugly head :lol:

Crimson Blade 23rd May 2018 11:57 AM

I've always preferred Ferox, as well. :biggrin:
Animal killings aside, it's a much more fun movie to watch. And i like the cast a lot more as well.
Holocaust, is the better made out the two, though. And i love the haunting score.

Demoncrat 23rd May 2018 04:40 PM

But I have Ferox in the house already Boo. Much like the editions of Holocaust and New York Ripper, they came from outwith these shores, as I do not see how my viewing should be curtailed by mere legislation :laugh:. Yes, I am sort of glad that CF finally makes it here in the shiny new format.

PS Allen didn't sleep with "underage" girls. Polanski did. Just saying ....

Tombsy666 23rd May 2018 05:40 PM

Cannibal ferox

I will be buying the shameless release of Ferox minus the animal scenes, this is my personal choice as I used to skip past them on my grindhouse release anyway, i too however do prefer my films uncut as intended but do sway when it comes to the killing of animals, not my kind of entertainment, however i agree that each to their own preferred choice.

Boo Radley 23rd May 2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 576246)

PS Allen didn't sleep with "underage" girls. Polanski did. Just saying ....

True...but according to Mia Farrow he did sexually assault their 7 year old daughter....which the daughter confirms.... but that's okay, right? Right?:lol::lol:

Demoncrat 23rd May 2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 576255)
True...but according to Mia Farrow he did sexually assault their 7 year old daughter....which the daughter confirms.... but that's okay, right? Right?:lol::lol:

Well all I can say about that is that I was once accused of burglary ... for merely putting a plastic bottle into a bin. So it's all about perception I find. Weren't they going through a rather rancorous divorce at the time?
If it's true .... I put my hands up as pederasty isn't a favourite hobby of mine. I like real animal culls to brighten my day ... :nod::pound:

NEXT

JAMIOUSE 23rd May 2018 07:03 PM

Has anyone received their Mountain discs? I was expecting mine to have arrived by today, I can't remember if Shameless send items by first or second class.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd May 2018 08:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 576267)
Has anyone received their Mountain discs? I was expecting mine to have arrived by today, I can't remember if Shameless send items by first or second class.

Mine came today by APC overnight express mail (a padded envelope inside of the plastic delivery back) with Torso, which I ordered at the same time. It's a nice looking package that I'm going to have a look at a bit later tonight.

Here are some photos:

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...1&d=1527106899

Gothmogxx 24th May 2018 11:01 AM

I bought Mountain and I intend to buy Ferox. Have been posting since 2012/13 that they should release these so definite purchase for me. I also bought Man From Deep River from 88 Films.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th May 2018 07:30 PM

What's the reverse art Nos?:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th May 2018 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah-on closer inspection.....

Susan Foreman 28th May 2018 06:49 AM

The Mountain of the Cannibal God Blu-ray Review | AVForums

Movie 6
Picture Quality 8
Sound Quality 7
Extras 6
Overall 7

"Shameless Entertainment afford it a strong 2K restoration on their Blu-ray release, as well as uncompressed audio and a few nice extras. The film remains slightly cut (the pre-warning says that, with the help of the filmmakers, they elected to 'soften' the animal cruelty despite reinstating plenty of the other previously cut footage) but, given what's missing is likely more live animals getting ripped apart, hopefully few will be offended by them having left such shots to a minimum. Fans should rejoice in this release."

Nostalgic 28th May 2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 576288)
Mine came today by APC overnight express mail (a padded envelope inside of the plastic delivery back) with Torso, which I ordered at the same time. It's a nice looking package that I'm going to have a look at a bit later tonight.

Here are some photos:

Bought MOTCG in hmv & it is indeed the censored cover with the spear covering the nipple, rather hilariously there's no pig sticker so the cannibal hand over the breast is on full view! Instead of the text about Andress, it has the "includes a satisfied pig" line printed on the cover. Haven't unwrapped it yet but will be flipping the cover no doubt.

Nostalgic 28th May 2018 06:43 PM

Also, the woman who served me looked at me like I was a right pervert when she saw the cover! Cheers Shameless! Lol!

Crimson Blade 28th May 2018 07:21 PM

I think i would have bought it online if i intended buying it :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th May 2018 07:08 PM

Bollocks to that!

You never went into a shop and bought a 'Rodders adult art magazine'? :lol:

Demoncrat 29th May 2018 07:27 PM

Hold thy head up and proudly proclaim loudly "This is easily the most palatable of all the cannibal genre madam!!"? :laugh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th May 2018 07:29 PM

'An arty film which thoust then elected government deemed too arty and beastly for thine and thous consumption dear Johnny...' :happy:

Inspector Abberline 2nd June 2018 03:02 PM

foppy

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 576888)
Hold thy head up and proudly proclaim loudly "This is easily the most palatable of all the cannibal genre madam!!"? :laugh:

Well i bought mine in Fopp today,the guys behind the counter are just grateful that your not a pissed nutter,and thankful i pulled out some money and not a knife....

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd June 2018 03:05 PM

I see you've cunningly already answered my obvious question this time. ;) :nod:

JAMIOUSE 13th June 2018 05:46 PM

So Cannibal Ferox, did I misread something or is it supposed to be out on the 25th June?

Rik 13th June 2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 578650)
So Cannibal Ferox, did I misread something or is it supposed to be out on the 25th June?

Ask em on Facebook so they can ignore you like everyone else that’s asked :lol:

It’s not up for preorder anywhere as far as I can tell :nod:

Susan Foreman 13th June 2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 578650)

That's what they were suggesting when the original announcement was made, back in May

"***Surprise Announcement***

CANNIBAL FEROX (Umberto Lenzi, 1981)
Format: Blu-ray and DVD
Release date: 25 June 2018

Nearly a decade after initiating the genre with Man From Deep River, director Umberto Lenzi gives the final word on the Italian gut-muncher with his ferocious flesh-feasting masterpiece Cannibal Ferox.
To lay to rest the ‘myth’ of tribal cannibalism, PhD student Gloria (Lorraine De Selle) journeys to the Amazon jungle but things soon go awry when her party encounters sadistic cocaine cowboy Mike (Giovanni Lombardo Radice). Mike is on the run from the hungry locals but all is not what it seems - as the travellers venture into the heart of darkness, they soon discover what it means to be hunted. Cannibal Ferox questions the nature of human atrocity, pulling no punches with its visceral depictions of murder, cannibalism and torture.
Sink your teeth into one of Italian cinema’s most shocking and controversial films, making its UK Blu-ray debut with this tantalising new edition from Shameless.

*Special features*
- UK Blu-ray debut
- Limited numbered edition
- A Taste of the Jungle: an interview with director Umberto Lenzi
- Hell in the Jungle: an interview with Giovanni Lombardo Radice
- Restoration Process for Cannibal Ferox
- Cannibal and Carpet Fitters - a short film from 2015
- Lenzi Photo Gallery

*Specs*
- Duration: 92m 54s
- Resolution: 1080p
- Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1
- Audio: dual mono / LPCM.

Pre-order coming soon!"

Nostalgic 13th June 2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 578652)
Ask em on Facebook so they can ignore you like everyone else that’s asked :lol:

It’s not up for preorder anywhere as far as I can tell :nod:

No sign of it anywhere, think it's getting bumped, June 25 was a bit too close.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th June 2018 06:54 PM

Of course it'll be bumped back.Shameless are shameless.:lol:

JAMIOUSE 13th June 2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 578653)
That's what they were suggesting when the original announcement was made, back in May

"***Surprise Announcement***

CANNIBAL FEROX (Umberto Lenzi, 1981)
Format: Blu-ray and DVD
Release date: 25 June 2018

Nearly a decade after initiating the genre with Man From Deep River, director Umberto Lenzi gives the final word on the Italian gut-muncher with his ferocious flesh-feasting masterpiece Cannibal Ferox.
To lay to rest the ‘myth’ of tribal cannibalism, PhD student Gloria (Lorraine De Selle) journeys to the Amazon jungle but things soon go awry when her party encounters sadistic cocaine cowboy Mike (Giovanni Lombardo Radice). Mike is on the run from the hungry locals but all is not what it seems - as the travellers venture into the heart of darkness, they soon discover what it means to be hunted. Cannibal Ferox questions the nature of human atrocity, pulling no punches with its visceral depictions of murder, cannibalism and torture.
Sink your teeth into one of Italian cinema’s most shocking and controversial films, making its UK Blu-ray debut with this tantalising new edition from Shameless.

*Special features*
- UK Blu-ray debut
- Limited numbered edition
- A Taste of the Jungle: an interview with director Umberto Lenzi
- Hell in the Jungle: an interview with Giovanni Lombardo Radice
- Restoration Process for Cannibal Ferox
- Cannibal and Carpet Fitters - a short film from 2015
- Lenzi Photo Gallery

*Specs*
- Duration: 92m 54s
- Resolution: 1080p
- Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1
- Audio: dual mono / LPCM.

Pre-order coming soon!"

Thought I'd seen the 25th June, there is no point in EVER asking Shameless or Alex Morris a question on Facebook they NEVER reply. It's almost like they have total contempt for their customers. I think everyone has given up expecting Argent to announce a date for Opera.

Rik 13th June 2018 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 578662)
Thought I'd seen the 25th June, there is no point in EVER asking Shameless or Alex Morris a question on Facebook they NEVER reply. It's almost like they have total contempt for their customers. I think everyone has given up expecting Argent to announce a date for Opera.

They posted this earlier regarding Opera:

“Coming soon from our sister label CultFilms! Any idea what this film is from?”

Attachment 205593

JAMIOUSE 13th June 2018 07:31 PM

I am wondering if Suspiria and Opera have played a part in holding up Mountain and Ferox. Mountain was delayed already and having to change the cover delayed it further so I wonder if Shameless / Argent have been concentrating on Opera which has had a knock on effect?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th June 2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 578668)
I am wondering if Suspiria and Opera have played a part in holding up Mountain and Ferox. Mountain was delayed already and having to change the cover delayed it further so I wonder if Shameless / Argent have been concentrating on Opera which has had a knock on effect?

Whatever the reason, a little transparency wouldn't hurt.

Rik 15th June 2018 12:22 PM

CANNIBAL FEROX aka ‘Make them Die Slowly’
Format: Blu-ray only
Release date: 30 July
THE MOST VIOLENT FILM EVER MADE - BANNED IN 31 COUNTRIES
A decade on from starting the cannibal genre, director Umberto Lenzi has the final word, pushing the vomit envelope beyond the sick with his utterly nasty, nihilistic apotheosis CANNIBAL FEROX. So unredeemable that its own makers denounced it as 'barbaric'..!
An academic, Gloria (Lorraine De Selle), journeys to the Amazon jungle where things go awry when her party encounters sadistic druggy villain Mike (Giovanni Lombardo Radice aka John Morghen), as the travellers venture further into the heart of darkness, they soon discover what it means to be hunted prey.
CANNIBAL FEROX aka 'Make Them Die Slowly', topped the official Video Nasty list for its raw, graphic scenes of torture, mutilation, murder and cannibalism. This new 2K restoration features new grading which revives for the first time, the original edgy look of the 16mm film stock it was shot on - finally presenting the film as it was first created by director Umberto Lenzi, on location in the Amazonian green inferno.
SPECIAL FEATURES
• Restored and re-graded from a new 2K scan.
• Exclusive, limited edition serial-numbered sleeve
• Unique custom-made, hand-finished Vomit Bag included with each disc: limited edition.
• Collector’s reversible inlay sleeve with original poster artwork
EXTRAS
• Last ever Interview with Director Umberto Lenzi
• New, really outspoken interview by Giovanni Lombardo Radice
• Video piece comparing before and after 2K restoration
• Exclusive photos from director Lenzi’s own archives
SPECS
• Original English audio soundtrack in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 LPCM
• Region B
• Aspect Ratio: widescreen 1:80 16/9
• Video: BD50 / 1080p / 24fps colour
• Audio: 2.0 dual mono LPCM
• Discs: 1 BD50 Dual-layer
• Duration: 93 minutes
• Language: English
Released on Blu-ray on 30 July. Pre-order coming next week!

Crimson Blade 15th June 2018 01:52 PM

Cuts to animal cruelty have apparently been replaced with substitutions..

ALL previous cuts reinstated. The BBFC waived ALL previous cuts relating to violence (by & against humans). Therefore since all previous (non-animal cruelty) cut scenes of gore and torture and mutilations have been reinserted for the first time ever, this is the LONGEST EVER, HARDEST, GORIEST version ever legally published in UK!

However in keeping with UK’s animal cruelty Acts, there are some BBFC trims where some of the more gratuitous (unnecessary) animal torture have been substituted: therefore the animal torture scenes were removed and replaced by other visuals of the exact same duration, seamlessly edited-in, and thereby preserving the original duration of the film.

Nostalgic 20th June 2018 09:35 PM

Where does the "number" appear on the cover of mountain of the cannibal god? I see a blank white space which looks like it should have a number on it on the back.

Rik 20th June 2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 579360)
Where does the "number" appear on the cover of mountain of the cannibal god? I see a blank white space which looks like it should have a number on it on the back.

Someone asked this on Facebook a couple of weeks back, the only numbered editions were direct from Shameless, if you bought it in HMV etc then they aren’t numbered and (I think) don’t come with a slipcase, which is where the numbers are I believe

JAMIOUSE 20th June 2018 10:31 PM

Yeah the number is printed on the card slipcover, the standard edition just has a blank white box on the back. My local HMV still has some copies sat on the shelves.

Nostalgic 20th June 2018 10:36 PM

Thanks, debating ordering Ferox direct vs hmv pickup, might just get it once it hits shelves, unless they get complaints about the cover lol!

Susan Foreman 2nd July 2018 03:53 PM

"We're getting prepared to release 'the most violent film ever made' when we inflict CANNIBAL FEROX on you on 30 July. But we care about your wellbeing here at Shameless - that's why each Blu-ray will come with a limited edition barf bag, so you won't ruin your sofa"