Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2017, 04:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default puck off

Playing Modern Warfare Remastered, despite all the blood shed and the realistic settings of playing in downtown Baghdad and the armpit of some post glasnost hell hole somewhere in Chernobyl, the most controversial thing about this game was the price when it was sold as a separate entity,£35 upward in some quarters.A lot of people felt it was a rip-off, for what is an old game given the HD makeover.But that said the makeover is pretty damn good and rekindles those halcyon days when Cod was God.Will do until the breakout of WW11 in Nov.And if that wasn't enough violence for you then I suggest NHL 16, when you're not whacking your puck, then your punching or body slamming the opposition into oblivion all in the name of sport...

81JLMtg1IqL._SL1500_.jpg51Mu4loligL.jpg
Graeme73 and bleakshaun like this.

Old 17th August 2017, 04:45 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Playing Modern Warfare Remastered, despite all the blood shed and the realistic settings of playing in downtown Baghdad and the armpit of some post glasnost hell hole somewhere in Chernobyl, the most controversial thing about this game was the price when it was sold as a separate entity,£35 upward in some quarters.A lot of people felt it was a rip-off, for what is an old game given the HD makeover.But that said the makeover is pretty damn good and rekindles those halcyon days when Cod was God.Will do until the breakout of WW11 in Nov.And if that wasn't enough violence for you then I suggest NHL 16, when you're not whacking your puck, then your punching or body slamming the opposition into oblivion all in the name of sport...

Attachment 193769Attachment 193770
Does it come with the dlc?

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 17th August 2017, 04:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Does it come with the dlc?

If you buy Infinite warfare then Modern Warfare comes as a dlc,but you can now buy Modern on its own on disc, although its cheaper to buy the Infinite disc.

Old 17th August 2017, 04:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
If you buy Infinite warfare then Modern Warfare comes as a dlc,but you can now buy Modern on its own on disc, although its cheaper to buy the Infinite disc.
No, I mean the extra maps from the original mw

Old 17th August 2017, 05:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
No, I mean the extra maps from the original mw

Soz,you get the maps from the original game but the four extra one's you have to buy and download....so no not included,but the original maps from the game are excellent also.

Variey Pack
Broadcast: Based on the TV station from the campaign mission “Charlie Don’t Surf”, this map provides a unique blend of confined corridors and wide-open spaces. Outside the station, the parking lot contains long sightlines, but once inside, cramped hallways and a computer-cluttered broadcast room provide ample close-range combat opportunities.

Chinatown: Set in a foggy downtown district, this nighttime map is lit up by flickering neon signs and a full moon. A re-imagining of the original Call of Duty multiplayer map “Carentan”, players will need to be careful on these streets, as almost every building in the map can be occupied, providing perfect cover for enemies waiting for a chance to line you up in their sights.

Creek: Set in a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death, a gaping ravine divides this map into two. Open clearings with sheer cliff faces and ample forested cover make this map ideal for snipers and long-range firefights.

Killhouse: A small training warehouse filled with various building mock ups that feature soft and hard cover points. Expect fast-paced and fierce firefights for maximum close-quarters chaos.
bleakshaun likes this.

Old 17th August 2017, 05:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Soz,you get the maps from the original game but the four extra one's you have to buy and download....so no not included,but the original maps from the game are excellent also.

Variey Pack
Broadcast: Based on the TV station from the campaign mission “Charlie Don’t Surf”, this map provides a unique blend of confined corridors and wide-open spaces. Outside the station, the parking lot contains long sightlines, but once inside, cramped hallways and a computer-cluttered broadcast room provide ample close-range combat opportunities.

Chinatown: Set in a foggy downtown district, this nighttime map is lit up by flickering neon signs and a full moon. A re-imagining of the original Call of Duty multiplayer map “Carentan”, players will need to be careful on these streets, as almost every building in the map can be occupied, providing perfect cover for enemies waiting for a chance to line you up in their sights.

Creek: Set in a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death, a gaping ravine divides this map into two. Open clearings with sheer cliff faces and ample forested cover make this map ideal for snipers and long-range firefights.

Killhouse: A small training warehouse filled with various building mock ups that feature soft and hard cover points. Expect fast-paced and fierce firefights for maximum close-quarters chaos.
Thats a cheap move on Activisions part

Old 17th August 2017, 05:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Thats a cheap move on Activisions part

Yeah there sqeezing as much out of the franchise as they can,im afraid.

Old 17th August 2017, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah there sqeezing as much out of the franchise as they can,im afraid.
Like everything else these days .
Old 17th August 2017, 08:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lego City Undercover

best lego game ever. Basically LEGO GTA, but you are playing cop Chase McCain who is asked to come back to lego city to hunt down Rex Fury. we have the usual lego gameplay and humour, take the level when i went to a prison, lots of nods and winks to the shawshank redemption

people should buy this, just so we can see a sequel to this brilliant game
Old 17th August 2017, 09:25 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Lego City Undercover

best lego game ever. Basically LEGO GTA, but you are playing cop Chase McCain who is asked to come back to lego city to hunt down Rex Fury. we have the usual lego gameplay and humour, take the level when i went to a prison, lots of nods and winks to the shawshank redemption

people should buy this, just so we can see a sequel to this brilliant game
I bought this last week for my lad. Little buggers been wanting it for weeks but doesn't like it at all. As you say though Treb its great fun. The size of the world is stunning. And the prison level was a good laugh. Freeman?! No I'm not Freeman!! (in hushed tones) "his lawyers might be watching!".
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!