Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th February 2010, 03:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Theres a sequel to Arkham due out this year mbv.

I really have to find a game to kickstart my interest again as recently I been putting on a game and playing for 5 mins then I turn it off and watch re runs of US sit coms i'd watched earlier in the day .
Old 11th March 2010, 07:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Finished Heavy rain the other day. Very impressed with this game. I liked the way your characters will die and that's it, no starting the level again.
Game is not for everyone but nice to play something different for a change.
Now back to Batman!!
Old 11th March 2010, 11:32 AM
Cultist

I ditched Fifa 10 for a bit to play Arkham Asylum too a month or so back. I completed the story but I've still got a lot of those blasted riddles to complete and almost all of the challenges. It's a perfect game for someone like me who is a fan of Batman but doesn't know too much about The Dark Knight as such, as it gives a lot of background information on characters. I found out about lots of bad guys that I'd never even heard of!

Now, however, I'm back to playing Fifa 10 as I play online with a club in pro club championships.

I also was playing Heavy Rain for a week or so after it was released and have completed it but will probably return to it and play the game a little differently.

I have Bully on the PC but have no idea why as it's terrible. I would still like to complete it at some point though.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:46 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If your into Fifa Phats then EA's South Africa World Cup 2010's looking great .
I saw it running over in the EA panel members lounge and its noticeably different to Fifa 10 to justify the pick it up come end of April.
The pitches are more realistic looking and the goalies are not as easily fooled by chipping the ball over their heads.
Theres approx 100 minor tweaks and the lightings different, as is the TV style presention.
From what i've seen of gameplay and presatation it looks improved enough to be worth getting even if you have Fifa 10.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:53 AM
Cultist

Yeah, thanks, I am planning on getting the World Cup game when it comes out and have great expectations for it. I read the press release from EA detailing all the tweaks they have made but haven't seen the gameplay yet. The chipping over the keeper has been a big problem, especially in clubs where sometimes you have randomly created players who are 10 times slower than the opposing forward, therefore getting caught out very often. However, Fifa doesn't have anywhere near as many problems as PES currently does.
Old 11th March 2010, 05:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Your right there. I cant see PES ever catch up with FIFA, its to badly broken.
Old 16th March 2010, 02:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

SMACKDOWN Vs RAW 2010
Old 17th March 2010, 09:51 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Can't say I've really been a fan of the whole sports gaming UNLESS of course it involves cars. By which I mean smashing the hell out of cars!!

Been playing Burnout: Paradise City and Stuntman Ignition recently - trying to unlock the gamerpoints now.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:33 AM
Cultist

I have Burnout Paradise on the PS3 and it's great fun, although I haven't played it for about a year now. I recently bought Forza 3 on the 360 as it was cheap and I fancied a new racing game, even though I've never played a Forza game before. Since you're a fan of games involving cars, maybe you can give me your opinion on the Forza series, iluvdvds?

The greatest game for "smashing the hell out of cars" had to be Destruction Derby on the PS1 though. Utter mayhem. "You've blown your radiator!"
Old 18th March 2010, 10:21 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've only ever played a Fonza game once round a mates house (can't even remember which one!). From what I played of it I didn't really enjoy it that much. Not enough smashing and crashing and exploding and destruction for my taste.

Now Destruction Derby is one awesome game, Phats!!!

Can't beat a bit of car crashing with Motorhead blasting in the background! Roar!

Have you ever played Flatout mate? Its a rip-off of Burnout but it's a lot of fun - there's a Derby mode in there too - with cars from little crappy cars to full-blown lorries and school buses full of power! Oooh yeah!

Like this? Share it using the links below!