Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2010, 03:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just got Mario Galaxy 2 today. Also started playing classic sonic collection on DS.
Old 29th July 2010, 11:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Trying to play UFC 10 but the moveset is unnecessarily clunky and by the end of a 3 round bout your fingers feel tired and sore.
Graphics are good (PS3) and several areana's are available but once in the cage things look the same bar for a few sponsers names on the mat.
A deep carear mode , 100 MMA fighters , a create a fighter mode, Exibition and online tournaments plus 5 classic UFC fights in HD and a free UFC dvd give good value for your money.
Overall good, but only if your a diehard MMA fan or have the time and patience to learn the different movesets for each fighting style.
One to trade as SVR11's out Oct/Nov .
Old 30th July 2010, 03:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Playing Red Dead Redemption and loving it!
Old 6th August 2010, 03:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Got SuperCar Challenge yesterday so i've started to play that. Easily the most challenging racing sim i've ever played.
A game patch self installs via the internet when the game is first turned on , fixing A.I. problems, in game 'bugs' and Online problems.
Old 6th August 2010, 07:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Got SuperCar Challenge yesterday so i've started to play that. Easily the most challenging racing sim i've ever played.
A game patch self installs via the internet when the game is first turned on , fixing A.I. problems, in game 'bugs' and Online problems.
Ok, after 1 hour solid play of this title i've found no fun what so ever to be had out of SuperCar Challenge.
There is absolutely nothing to recommend this game at all.
PS2 graphics , extremely unforgiving gameplay , terrible vechile handling and no structured carrear mode , just win one teir to unlock the next, make this one of , if not THE most dull racing experiences i've ever had with a Racing game on any console i've ever owned .

Last edited by vipco; 8th August 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Give SuperCar Challenge another shot (something kept drawing me back) and after a few straight hours of solid gameplay (4 approx) SuperCar Challenge is actually very , very good.

The first hour basically forces you to approach a Racing game in a very different way that any previous Racers have taught you and relearn everything , (Ferrari Challenge excepted) so you either throw down the pad in frustration (it is hard even on 'beginner) or opt for Arcade mode , which gives a much more accessible ride but kinda defeats the purpose of the game , plus the Arcade mode is'nt really that satisfying , as it's really just Sim mode with all the driver aids 'maxed out'.
Thats in no way a slight on SCC ,as SuperCar Challenge is'nt ment to be played this way and you only 'experence' the thrill of supercar racing in Sim mode with all / most of the aids turned off.
But...
If your prepared to stick with it for a few hours straight , settings on sim , with all / most assists turned off , and accept that you'll be punished alot untill you learn the tracks , then you'll find SuperCar Challenge to be a cracking racing sim with alot to offer .........Well woth buying......4 / 5 .

SuperCar Challenge is a PS3 exclusive.

Last edited by vipco; 9th August 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I cant Affor to buy games new when they released so wait a while and get them for nxt to nowt

Bought drake fortune 1 for £5 and im loving it ive herad 2nd 1 is better but wait till get that cheap im on level 20 at the mo ...how many levels is there. and any 1 whos played it how many actual treasures did u find ? ill let u know what i get when i finish.. so far im on 41
Old 27th August 2010, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Im revisiting two oldies at the moment as im waiting on WRC & Codies F1 2010 coming out early September .
GTA4 and F1 Championship .

Would like to get Mafia 2 but the average score across the boards is 7 so I think i'll wait till the price drops.
Also fancied Kane & Lynch 2 but it can be finished in 4 hours so I dont think thats worth spending 40 quid on.

Aint played any Drake games Gag , but I played the Demo for the 2nd game. Very good .

Post up what you make of Drake's Fortune Gag , as its a game i've always fancied but never got round to buying it.
Thats a good bargain you got as the cheapest i've seen it is a tenner.
Old 28th August 2010, 03:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Has anybody played the Bond game Quantum of Solace.?
If so can you recommend it.?

I saw it in GAME for 7 quid and was tempted but I dont wanna waste time on it if it's no good.
Old 28th August 2010, 03:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got out my nes emulator for my PS2....goodtimes!

Like this? Share it using the links below!