Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th January 2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 60009)
Went to CEX today and picked up Macarbre (Arrorow), Darkman and for some reason I picked up a film called Ninja Terminator for 50p.

Somebody had got rid of the Macabre disc already! :eek: bloomin' cheek :lol:

vincenzo 28th January 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Strange (Post 60015)
She is stunning. But luckily she's been in genuinely great films like The Tenant, so I don't have to offend the movie gods by watching her in a cash-in remake.

She was also in Possession and Ryan O'Neal's brilliant The Driver. She's so stunning we can forgive her for appearing in such drivel as Ishtar and Diabolique. :coolblue:

Gojirosan 28th January 2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 59921)
Seagulls was my personal favourite, but agree that Galleon was probably my least favourite of the lot... I still enjoy it though.

I agree - something about the full on Gothic atmos of "...Seagulls" does it for me too. There's excellent use of sound in "...Seagulls" which I could just about hear from the ancient ex-rental Betamax I used to have! I think it might just be my fave ahead of "Return..."...but now I can decide for definite because...

...MY BLIND DEAD BOX-SET FINALLY ARRIVED!!! :):cool::bananasuit:

Also: the Tartan "3 Killer" box (Chuck Parello's Ed Gein and The Hillside Strangler and Matthew Bright's excellent and under-rated Bundy) and the splendid old US TV flick Manhunt: The Search For The Night Stalker. Me and (especially) the girlfriend are big fans of true crime based stuff....thought this little haul should keep her quiet for a bit after the abominable disappointment of Ed Gein: The Butcher Of Plainfield!

Pete 28th January 2010 07:44 PM

Seagulls is my fave too.

I could happily live without seeing the other 3 again.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th January 2010 09:44 PM

My TOOLBOX MURDERS arrived today!:dance:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th January 2010 10:17 PM

It's amazing how the Blind Dead films split audiences.
Everyone's got their own personal favourite.:nod:

vincenzo 28th January 2010 10:36 PM

Very much so. I'm always caught between the first two. Tombs is the more atmospheric (once it gets moving) but Return is the better paced.

Spanish horror never got better than these. No wonder horror fans rate them so highly. :nod:

Pigasus 29th January 2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 60031)
She was also in Possession and Ryan O'Neal's brilliant The Driver. She's so stunning we can forgive her for appearing in such drivel as Ishtar and Diabolique. :coolblue:

Adjani looks fabulous as 'punk princess' in the recent blu-ray of Subway...
I hope somebody releases Skirt Day on disc soon!

eNoize 29th January 2010 01:25 AM

just arrived yesterday but still need to watch.

Suspiria - read great things so far, can't wait to watch tomorrow night.

Thirst - already watched on DVD but not in HD. one of the best vampire flicks along with Let the Right One In, which I watched again last weekend.

but I want some more. :pop2:

eNoize 29th January 2010 01:28 AM

I thought 'Toolbox Murders' looked pretty good on BD.

just as scummy as I remember it. :nod:

in fact, you can read all about it at HighDefDigest.com