Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 18th October 2011 07:15 PM

Popped the Fight Club BD earlier in today and nearly pooped myself at the menu. Very clever :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 190817)
I haven't seen Scream 4 yet. Is it actually any good?

No idea tbh. I understand that the UK blu-ray features a slightly diffferent version of the film from the US disc.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=467894

Not sure which version is on the German blu-ray.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 191010)
Popped the Fight Club BD earlier in today and nearly pooped myself at the menu. Very clever :)

I did the same the first time I played mine. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 191016)
No idea tbh. I understand that the UK blu-ray features a slightly diffferent version of the film from the US disc.

Scream 4 (Comparison: Theatrical Version - UK Version / Pay-per-View Cut) - Movie-Censorship.com

Interesting - I didn't know about the US/UK difference.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 191016)

Scream 4 (Comparison: Theatrical Version - UK Version / Pay-per-View Cut) - Movie-Censorship.com

Some interesting reading there and a purchase may depend on which version is on the German disc.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 190832)
My copy of Zombie is 'packing' over at Planet Axel! :rockon:

My copy was shipped this morning. Massive anticipation would be an understatement!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 191032)
My copy was shipped this morning. Massive anticipation would be an understatement!

Mine too! :dance:

Refused 18th October 2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 191010)

What happens? I left the room after putting the disc in so didn't see.

PaulD 18th October 2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 191041)
What happens? I left the room after putting the disc in so didn't see.

After the trailers have been skipped it loads up the menu screen for Drew Barrymore's Never Been Kissed, 'Play', 'Special Features' and all, shortly before the screen goes all funny as if your player is breaking (good fun if you've got the cheap Technika player :)) and the Fight Club menu then comes up.

Refused 18th October 2011 08:57 PM

Ah, I saw Never Been Kissed start to come up and that's when I left the room haha. Didn't see any menu options or anything.

The sound on Fight Club was damn impressive.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 09:30 PM

If you want to show off your sound system, you can't really do much better than using the Fight Club BD, the opening sequence as the camera moves through the brain synapses with the Dust Brothers music pounding and then the 'whoosh' as the action moves from the narrator's nose, up the gun barrel and then to the dialogue uses every speaker you have.

One disc which won't do that is Island of Lost Souls, which was just shipped by Planet Axel.

I've just had another e-mail to tell me Halloween II is on its way.