Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Wes 25th October 2011 12:03 PM

(I posted this in the Purchased thread yesterday but it's better suited here I think)

I picked up the Alien Blu-Ray set a few weeks ago, after dawdling about upgrading from the Quadrilogy. I am impressed - the Aliens disc is probably the hardest working Blu in the business turning Cameron's grain silo into a liquid smooth presentation - like seeing the film for the first time actually...

Rik 25th October 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 192771)
(I posted this in the Purchased thread yesterday but it's better suited here I think)

I picked up the Alien Blu-Ray set a few weeks ago, after dawdling about upgrading from the Quadrilogy. I am impressed - the Aliens disc is probably the hardest working Blu in the business turning Cameron's grain silo into a liquid smooth presentation - like seeing the film for the first time actually...

Been toying with the idea of upgrading my set, banged it on my Chrimbo list now

Sometimes, dead is better

nekromantik 25th October 2011 05:38 PM

i just ordered Salo Criterion blu yesterday night :)
I cant afford it but I sold a item I no longer use and made some money so used that :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th October 2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 192769)
Looks like they didn't order enough in and under-estimated the demand for this one!

I'm hoping that my copy has arrived today... :pray:

It did! :rockon:

the blob 25th October 2011 05:45 PM

I've had a bit of a bumper week or so for once. Exorcist digibook (thanks to Nos), Mulholland Drive ( thanks to Argentofan), House By The Cemetery from Axel and Cat O Nine Tails from Kyle!

HBTC is the first time in ages I've been compelled to sit through all the extras. Two hours in featurettes and all well worth a look.

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 25th October 2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 192771)

I hate hearing about how great this Blu-Ray set is. I have been drooling over it for a long time, but I can't really afford it right now. So every time someone mentions it I lose a little more self control.:happy: Three more people mention it and my credit card will probably be unsheathed. :lol:

the blob 25th October 2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 192837)
I hate hearing about how great this Blu-Ray set is. I have been drooling over it for a long time, but I can't really afford it right now. So every time someone mentions it I lose a little more self control.:happy: Three more people mention it and my credit card will probably be unsheathed. :lol:

You could order it pretty cheap from Amazon UK if you want the different packaging to the US version. It's just under $29 inc shipping from there at the moment and it's Region free.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2011 06:48 PM

14 Attachment(s)
Latest.......

PaulD 25th October 2011 06:51 PM

Is Jackie Brown the US BD? I haven't seen the UK version even though it was meant to be out last week.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2011 06:55 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Latest.....