Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 28th October 2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 193307)
Shocking what lack of effort Warner put into the packaging of ANOES collection.

The sequels discs don't even have their names on them.:mmph:

Sadly that seems to be the standard when it comes to Warner box sets. The Superman and Dirty Harry sets are the same. I wonder if it's so they can just print one batch off and ship them all across Europe? Either way it's a bit of a pain and looks ugly.

PaulRobinson 28th October 2011 10:50 AM

My US Jurassic Park set and So I Married an Axe Murderer arrived today... 3 days after being shipped! The extra shipping cost pales in comparison to Axel's great service, granted I do save and make large orders so the extra charge isn't too much of an issue anyway.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th October 2011 10:54 AM

It's going to take you ages to get through those special features on the special edition of So I Married An Axe Murderer. :D

PaulRobinson 28th October 2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 193418)
It's going to take you ages to get through those special features on the special edition of So I Married An Axe Murderer. :D

Oh I know, HOURS of fun! ;) Love the film though!

Rik 28th October 2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 193403)

and just about to order the BU version of Zombie 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters/whatever you want to call it.

I've just put this on a few minutes ago, WOW!

Sometimes, dead is better

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th October 2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRobinson (Post 193422)
Oh I know, HOURS of fun! ;) Love the film though!

Me too. Myers best film imo (and I'm someone who the loves Austin Powers films!).

the blob 28th October 2011 01:13 PM

Am I the only person who thinks Mike Myers is the unfunniest man alive? Well, close between him and Jim Carrey..

:boxing:

PaulRobinson 28th October 2011 01:25 PM

I only really like Axe Murderer and the first Waynes World, he could have been a great actor, sadly he lampooned himself too much

sjconstable 28th October 2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 193392)
Antichrist - I need to see this again, one of those films which left me slightly numb but in the weeks following the screening the film began to seep into my thoughts more and more.

Absolutely, the first time I saw it a few months ago on rental, it kinda left me cold and I felt that it was rather flawed. I rated it 3/5. Then just recently I really fancied watching it again so bought the Blu-ray, watched it last night in the early hours of the morning and it was so much better! It is in fact a great film, which I now rate 4.5/5, I got properly into it this time and felt fear! Always a good thing :nod:

As for The Wages of Fear, I haven't yet seen the film - I recently watched Les Diaboliques and thought it was a masterpiece so that's why I'm checking out the director's other work now, looking forward to watching it tonight.

sjconstable 28th October 2011 02:03 PM

Today I received: Hammer House of Horror Complete Collection UK DVD. I've seen a couple of episodes from Stagevu and they were pretty decent (especially Guardian of the Abyss) so thought I might as well get the box set at only £8!