Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 19th November 2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 198785)
I've heard that the transfers for the Coffin Joe films are quite poor, although to be honest this kind of thing doesn't bother me, but this irks some folk.

The transfers are indeed shocking, but it only adds to the rough around the edges charm in my opinion - the first two films especially :nod: . . .

Slippery Jack 19th November 2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 198800)
THE AVENGERS

That film really isn't as bad as all that - it has some very cool design work at least, including a nifty opening credit sequence by Se7en's Kyle Cooper. A crime they didn't use the original theme more though :tsk: . . .

platostotal 19th November 2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 198825)
That film really isn't as bad as all that - it has some very cool design work at least, including a nifty opening credit sequence by Se7en's Kyle Cooper. A crime they didn't use the original theme more though :tsk: . . .

I think it got a lot of flack after the studio chopped it to bits, losing god knows how much plot:lol: it only runs 86 mins, it does have a good look and yeah,why not use the iconic theme? It would be cool to see a restored directors cut on Blu to see just what we missed.

antmumford 20th November 2011 12:59 AM

The best thing ever happened today (well actually yesterday now), a brand new CEX opened up in town, just a few minutes walk from home so popped in with some unwanted games and exchanged them for Super and Limitless on Blu (both with slip) plus Gorgeous on DVD, all in Like New condition.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Daemonia 20th November 2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 198637)
Picked these up yesterday.......ain't seen Quadrophenia or Mimic for YEARS!

Billy Elliot? The therapy clearly isn't working. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th November 2011 06:22 AM

Good British performances mate.;)

keirarts 20th November 2011 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just bought Bad lieutenant.

Attachment 29885

Apparently has a commentary and a making of doc so in that respect better than previous releases i've owned. Just wonder if it has the origional soundtrack featured on the laserdisc and was screened on telly some years back.

Paul@TheOverlook 20th November 2011 07:50 AM

No it doesn't that soundtrack was removed as an outcome of a very high profile court case in which Jimmy Page and Robert Plant forced the filmmakers to remove all uses of the track 'Signifying Rapper' by Schooly D. The track featured unauthorised samples from Led Zepplin's 'Kashmir' and was from the 1988 album Smoke Some Kill which came out under the radar. It wasn't Ferrara used the track in Bad LT four years later that it came to the attention of Page and Plant.

The only way of seeing the original version is via the aforementioned US laserdisc or VHS (from Live) but there is no telling which is the original or restored versions without playing them. There are also a couple of Dutch video releases which feature the original version too.

The original version has not been released in DVD or Blu-ray anywhere.

I have the Lionsgate special edition DVD and the extras are good.

VicDakin 20th November 2011 03:54 PM

Mad Max/Terminator Blu Ray

2 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have or can tell me what the quality of these two blu rays? cheers

keirarts 20th November 2011 03:56 PM

ah well, still a good film, just think it works better with the origional soundtrack. I bought the blu-ray version of the special edition with commentary.