Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 25th November 2011 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was in town earlier and picked up THE DAM BUSTERS, POLTERGEIST, and WITCHFINDER GENERAL on BD, SPECTERS (late 80's Italian horror with Donald Pleasence) on DVD and in the post I received Miike Takashi's AGITATOR and NIGHT OF THE DEMON!!

Attachment 30722

darthelvis 25th November 2011 12:47 PM

My More Brains documentary & signed poster arrived today! Looking forward to digging into this!

Paul@TheOverlook 25th November 2011 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 30723

Currently in the US and picked up this little lot. The Others and American Psycho were just $4.75 a pop!

Prince_Vajda 25th November 2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 199939)
Was in town earlier and picked up THE DAM BUSTERS, POLTERGEIST, and WITCHFINDER GENERAL on BD, SPECTERS (late 80's Italian horror with Donald Pleasence) on DVD and in the post I received Miike Takashi's AGITATOR and NIGHT OF THE DEMON!!

Attachment 30722

You'll love the Blu-ray of Witchfinder General - it's one of the best movies ever made, and one of the best Blu-ray releases of a 60s movie! :)

Greetings!

antmumford 25th November 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 199939)

Attachment 30722

Did you pay £20 for Witchfinder General? I swear that was in the two for £15 deal in my local HMV

Phurious 25th November 2011 01:06 PM

5 Attachment(s)
From the mighty eBay I picked up Peter Watkin's Culloden on VHS and an ex-library copy of Sexmission which comes in a weird lockable case and unfortunately has some stickers on the sleeve, but at £5 it's a bargain compared to buying it elsewhere.

From Amazon another two BFI Flipside releases Bronco Bullfrog and Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush.
And this week I heard that Andy Milligan's Nightbirds is getting a release on the Flipside series under the supervision of Nicolas Winding Refn (apparently he won the 16mm print on eBay!) and a booklet with articles form Refn, Stephen Thrower and Milligan's biographer Jimmy McDonough :shocked: - cannot wait for this.

And in other news I finally managed to bag a Mondo Vision limited edition release of Zulawski's Szamanka :dance:

nekromantik 25th November 2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 199503)
DVD:

Libido Mania (Camera Obscura)
The Antichrist (1974)
Delirium (1972)
The Woman in Black (1989)
Eyeball
Eyes of Crystal

How much did you pay for Libido Mania?

Gojirosan 25th November 2011 03:00 PM

I got a DVD of Romero's splendid Monkey Shines in the post.

Pete 25th November 2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 199944)
You'll love the Blu-ray of Witchfinder General - it's one of the best movies ever made, and one of the best Blu-ray releases of a 60s movie! :)

Greetings!

Cool, glad to know the transfer is good.

Not seen the film for a few years so I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Pete 25th November 2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 199945)
Did you pay £20 for Witchfinder General? I swear that was in the two for £15 deal in my local HMV

Yes £20. Only mainstream stuff is 2 for £20 here :ohwell: