Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 31st December 2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 206611)
Only just found out (from Phurious) that Attack the Block is available in a super slick glow-in-the-dark steelbook exclusive to play.com. So I pounced on that, will have to flog the standard copy that arrived today :crazy: . . .

According to Play.com its just an exclusive glow in the dark sleeve. Is it meant to be a steelbook and they just haven't listed it properly?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Baseball Fury 31st December 2011 07:00 AM

Opened another present tonight and got the Elephant Man Studio Canal BD and a £50 HMV voucher that'll be going on Star Wars!

keirarts 31st December 2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 206721)
Opened another present tonight and got the Elephant Man Studio Canal BD and a £50 HMV voucher that'll be going on Star Wars!

Elephant man looks fantastic on blu!

Phurious 31st December 2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 206718)
According to Play.com its just an exclusive glow in the dark sleeve. Is it meant to be a steelbook and they just haven't listed it properly?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

It's as you say, a steelbook with a glow-in-the-dark sleeve. Not sure if it's possible to use glow-in-the-dark inks on metal, maybe it's possible, but I guess it's hugely expensive.

I'm amazed that my glow-in-the-dark copy of Little White Lies for the Attack The Block issue is still glowing away.

VicDakin 31st December 2011 08:38 AM

Intruder Blu-ray

2 Attachment(s)
Intruder Blu-ray
Just watched this great old school slasher,big improvment over the other releases,looking forward to Synapse's Thou Shalt Not Kill ....Except

Slippery Jack 31st December 2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 206728)
It's as you say, a steelbook with a glow-in-the-dark sleeve. Not sure if it's possible to use glow-in-the-dark inks on metal, maybe it's possible, but I guess it's hugely expensive.

Ah ok, that makes sense. I just saw "glow-in-the-dark" and hit BUY. I'm easily pleased like that . . .

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st December 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 206716)
oh that sucks then :(
didnt know scotland had different bank holidays :lol:

The clue lies in 'Scotch'-land.
The majority of the population need an extra day to dry out!:spit::nurse:

It looks as if the postman is drying out today again......:rolleyes:

nekromantik 31st December 2011 11:24 AM

ha ha!

our postman never turned up!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st December 2011 11:49 AM

Mine just arrived!

ESCAPE FROM ATHENA
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED
DEATH PROOF
QUATERMASS AND THE PIT
BOOGIE NIGHTS U.S.
NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT DVD
HALLOWEEN IV HARDBOX
BRAMSTOKER'S DRACULA U.S.
THE CARPENTER DVD

Which should all have been here last week......

However,no ****ing FRIGHT NIGHT!:headbang:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st December 2011 11:50 AM

Nothing from HME in the two deliveries so far, but there may be another later on today as we've had three calls from Royal Mail employees on several occasions in the past.

Source Code arrived yesterday and it's a film I'm keen to watch again, having already watched it about four times in order to write my review.