Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

darthelvis 10th December 2011 12:52 PM

Kyle McLachlan should have been given an Oscar for his performance opposite Elizabeth "Saved by the Bellend" Berkeley!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 12:56 PM

Thanks to you, I've just done a price check on the first two Grindhouse Trailer Classics DVDs as I've seen them but don't own them. £4.99 each from Play.com, so ordered! As the third one is currently £8.99 at Amazon and HMV, I think I'll wait until it drops a couple of quid.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 01:00 PM

Sorry Gojirosan, Nos got there first.

You never heard the phrase, so bad, it's good nekro? The film has some of the greatest cheesy lines ever put on celluloid.

gag 10th December 2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 202868)
Thanks to you, I've just done a price check on the first two Grindhouse Trailer Classics DVDs as I've seen them but don't own them. £4.99 each from Play.com, so ordered! As the third one is currently £8.99 at Amazon and HMV, I think I'll wait until it drops a couple of quid.

Or for those who dont have them they are always on horror channel these days more of the 1st one the 2nd not shown much ..

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 202867)
Kyle McLachlan should have been given an Oscar for his performance opposite Elizabeth "Saved by the Bellend" Berkeley!

She should have been given one for her performance in the swimming pool. :lol:

darthelvis 10th December 2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 202872)
She should have been given one for her performance in the swimming pool. :lol:

More like an Olympic medal for gymnastics!

Prince_Vajda 10th December 2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 202868)

The first two have been approx. 9 bucks for quite some time, if I remember correctly - I guess they are at £4.99 at the moment because of the release of Volume 3.

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 202865)
you guys only like the move cause of the naked women :lol:

its been voted among the worst movies of all time!

Hey, it's a camp classic with some brilliantly awful dialogue and acting. Of course, all the naked women on show don't hurt the viewing experience one bit!

Gojirosan 10th December 2011 01:40 PM

For all it's campness, I really don't think it's that bad a film. It's well made and put together. It's only the performances that make it "bad" and they are hilarious!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 01:47 PM

Well said. Paul Verhoeven might be a lot of things, but he's not an incompetent director and knows exactly how to frame a shot and make a narratively sound film.