Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

sawyer6 11th January 2012 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Delayed xmas buy

Refused 11th January 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 208224)
Those of you who they shipped emails from HME, check to see if your tracking number is legit as I got email saying my copy of Thriller ACP has been sent but the tracking number is from 2010!

My copy of Intruder turned up today after getting an email confirming shipping on the 5th. The tracking number doesn't do a thing, after checking it still says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 05, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."
Ah well, at least it's here!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 208578)
Land Of The Dead
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm bored senseless by the continuing Romero Dead series. I Loved Night, Dawn was ok, but after that I just don't care anymore. Do something else.

I really like Land of the Dead and keep meaning to buy the BD, but I felt exactly like you did after watching Survival of the Dead Romero proved with Martin, The Crazies and Knightriders he can do more than make zombie movies and, if he does decide to make another film, it would be great if it didn't end with 'of the Dead'.

sawyer6 11th January 2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 208695)
I really like Land of the Dead and keep meaning to buy the BD, but I felt exactly like you did after watching Survival of the Dead Romero proved with Martin, The Crazies and Knightriders he can do more than make zombie movies and, if he does decide to make another film, it would be great if it didn't end with 'of the Dead'.

After the poor sales of Survival another 'of the dead' is doubtful

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 208638)
My buys from the last week and a bit

I've also ordered the Arrow Dawn of the Dead Blu Ray (been wanting it for ages), the newer release of Halloween 3 (with the commentary) and Creature From The Haunted Sea (a classic :lol:) but I'm still waiting for these to arrive

Shadow of the Vampire is a real gem, largely underrated and / or unseen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 208681)
Mine did the same on one side but, like you, it was sorted with a bit of glue and looks in the same condition in which it came.

As I don't want to damage the box again, I'm going to take the discs from the packaging and store them somewhere else so the plastic case doesn't need to be repeatedly opened and closed.

This is the sort of thing you should not need to do with a brand new product. A very poor show from either the sender or Paramount.

Crimson Blade 11th January 2012 03:57 PM

Just ordered the Night Train Murders and Suspiria Blu's. Hopefully, the bad reviews for Suspiria have been exaggerated.

James Morton 11th January 2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 208732)
Just ordered the Night Train Murders and Suspiria Blu's. Hopefully, the bad reviews for Suspiria have been exaggerated.

don 't take any notice of the bad reviews of SUSPIRIA bd
the film looks excellent

Sam 11th January 2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 208676)
Thanks for bringing this to my attention Sam.It's double this on Ebay plus Boostep.com take Paypal,another plus.:woot:

No worries! Just to let you know, you need to go to the Extras to find the English language version for some reason :crazy:!! Awesome film, watched it last night.

platostotal 11th January 2012 04:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Picked up a PREDATOR Blu threesome for £5 each at my local record/cd shop. Sadly no 1 is the 'DNR anti-grain edition' from 2010, but for £5 a pop they look okay on the shelf and I can put up with Arnold Waxifacenagger for one film.

nekromantik 11th January 2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 208740)
Picked up a PREDATOR Blu threesome for £5 each at my local record/cd shop. Sadly no 1 is the 'DNR anti-grain edition' from 2010, but for £5 a pop they look okay on the shelf and I can put up with Arnold Waxifacenagger for one film.

£15 is good price for that.
I got the trilogy for xmas so have to put up with it too!
Not paying £16 though for a bare bones release of predator! I will just watch the DVD upscaled! :lol: