Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 208735)
don 't take any notice of the bad reviews of SUSPIRIA bd
the film looks excellent

....apart from the colours! :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 208701)
This is the sort of thing you should not need to do with a brand new product. A very poor show from either the sender or Paramount.

The ebay seller who sold me the Friday The 13th box (who I think is actually the company dvdxl-limited, formerly dvdslimited) have sent me out a replacement set today. I informed them that I had already opened it, and they said it wasn't a problem. Fingers crossed for no cracks this time!

James Morton 11th January 2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 208753)
....apart from the colours! :D

each to there own

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 208754)
The ebay seller who sold me the Friday The 13th box (who I think is actually the company dvdxl-limited, formerly dvdslimited) have sent me out a replacement set today. I informed them that I had already opened it, and they said it wasn't a problem. Fingers crossed for no cracks this time!

Nice one. Here's hoping. :pray:

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 11th January 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 208596)
I've been avoiding these forums since I don't have spare cash to purchase much needed films. It's like trying to quit drinking but still hanging out with drunken pals at the pub! Now that I've broke down and looked at this thread, I have a feeling that I will get shitfaced and black out, only to wake up in the morning with a pain in my wallet and some strange DVDs and BluRays in the mailbox that I don't recall ordering! :nod: Oh well.

I knew it would happen. I woke up to an email stating my order from Amazon UK was sent out.:doh:
Ordered Arrows Maniac Cop and Frankenhooker Blues
finally ordered the Alien Anthology Blu.
And picked up a cheap DVD of [REC]2 to bide my time till all 4 films are out in a fancy Blu set.
Also preordered the Demons Blues.

I should be regretting placing an order when money is skintight, but like a true addict, I am only regretting not ordering a few more that I needed.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 208756)
each to there own

Come on, the colours are f****d. They're been ramped up to the nth degree. Almost as bad as the new colours on The French Connection

James Morton 11th January 2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 208761)
Come on, the colours are f****d. They're been ramped up to the nth degree. Almost as bad as the new colours on The French Connection

read the reviews elsewhere....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just bought this.

Paul@TheOverlook 11th January 2012 06:50 PM

Where's that from, my friend?

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that the old UK rental VHS from Medusa was heavily cut. Never seen this but one I've always been curious about.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 06:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked these up today