Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 208776)
It wasn't a rumour, I just opened my steelbook of Two Lane Blacktop!

And a beautiful thing it is too. I bloody love Masters of Cinema, and I really bloody love Eureka's customer service.

I was in HMV today and they never had it.:(

I thought it was released toward the end of the month!

PaulD 11th January 2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 208786)
I was in HMV today and they never had it.:(

I thought it was released toward the end of the month!

23rd January I believe Reaps. People who ordered it from Eureka directly have got it early. Same with Punishment Park. Considernig that if you pre-ordered both with them you got a free 'mystery' bluray (Prince Valiant) you really can't fault them at all!

Nordicdusk 11th January 2012 09:13 PM

Today i just picked up
Fright Night original Dvd
Poltergeist Dvd
Candyman Blu Ray
Land of the Dead Blu Ray
Friday the 13th original Blu Ray

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 09:33 PM

Ah now I see!

I must have a look at their site.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 208797)
Today i just picked up
Fright Night original Dvd
Poltergeist Dvd
Candyman Blu Ray
Land of the Dead Blu Ray
Friday the 13th original Blu Ray

The Fright Night blu-ray looks spectacular. Well worth the price.

Daemonia 12th January 2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 206555)

Psycho needs no introduction. Halloween II looks amazing in HD.

Quality selection, mate.

InDogWeTrust 12th January 2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 208821)
Psycho needs no introduction. Halloween II looks amazing in HD.

Quality selection, mate.

Could you give me some info on that Psycho Steel? Huge fan of the film and have lately been upgrading all the plain old dvds to special editions and this would be great for the collection (eventhough I would still keep my older copies of Psycho anyway 'cause one is in a Hitchcock box set and the other is a 50th anniversary edition that I got for Christmas a few years back)

Prince_Vajda 12th January 2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 208829)
Could you give me some info on that Psycho Steel? Huge fan of the film and have lately been upgrading all the plain old dvds to special editions and this would be great for the collection (eventhough I would still keep my older copies of Psycho anyway 'cause one is in a Hitchcock box set and the other is a 50th anniversary edition that I got for Christmas a few years back)

That Psycho steel is a German release, with the Blu-ray being totally identical with the UK disc. It's still very cheap. Even if you add Amazon's pretty pricey shipping costs to your place (14 €), you should stay below 30 bucks - I'd consider ordering another disc or two, though, as they charge shipping per delivery and not per item for international deliveries.

Psycho (Limited Quersteelbook) [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Anthony Perkins, Martin Balsam, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Janet Leigh, John McIntire, Alfred Hitchcock: DVD & Blu-ray

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th January 2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 208701)
This is the sort of thing you should not need to do with a brand new product. A very poor show from either the sender or Paramount.

The case isn't the sturdiest I've ever come across and I think the side coming unstuck was partly my fault because it was put behind some other DVDs and BDs and was slightly squashed.

I really don't have any complaints as it was easily fixed and, as it's really for display (it's a shame the mask doesn't fit), it looks the part.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th January 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 208776)
It wasn't a rumour, I just opened my steelbook of Two Lane Blacktop!

And a beautiful thing it is too. I bloody love Masters of Cinema, and I really bloody love Eureka's customer service.

My copy also arrived yesterday but, because I have loads of other things to watch, it's staying in its shrinkwrap for the moment.

In any case, I have a review disc to watch (and review to write), so I'm in no rush to see what's inside the Steelbook. However, curiosity will probably get the better of me and I'll end up opening it today!