Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nagaman 10th January 2012 09:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've had a stack of titles from Amazon over the past week - mostly stuff that I already have on dvd and have re-purchased on Blu-ray - but these are the two that I'm really looking forward to watching the most...

Phurious 10th January 2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 208630)
I've had a stack of titles from Amazon over the past week - mostly stuff that I already have on dvd and have re-purchased on Blu-ray - but these are the two that I'm really looking forward to watching the most...

Kidnapped is incredible. I'm waiting for mine to come from Spain, but I caught it at Frightfest. Can't wait to see it again.

Nagaman 10th January 2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 208631)
Kidnapped is incredible. I'm waiting for mine to come from Spain, but I caught it at Frightfest. Can't wait to see it again.

Have read some mixed reviews, mostly positive though.
Was going to get the region 1 release but it was pretty expensive for a dvd only release and although the film is listed for uk release in a couple of months, I believe that too is going to be on dvd only so bought the Spanish combo release instead.
As for Intruder, one of my faves, seen it many times and have the Wizard R1 release but by all accounts this synapse blu ray is meant to be something special.

RedEyeTheCylon 10th January 2012 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My buys from the last week and a bit

I've also ordered the Arrow Dawn of the Dead Blu Ray (been wanting it for ages), the newer release of Halloween 3 (with the commentary) and Creature From The Haunted Sea (a classic :lol:) but I'm still waiting for these to arrive

nekromantik 10th January 2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 208634)
Have read some mixed reviews, mostly positive though.
Was going to get the region 1 release but it was pretty expensive for a dvd only release and although the film is listed for uk release in a couple of months, I believe that too is going to be on dvd only so bought the Spanish combo release instead.
As for Intruder, one of my faves, seen it many times and have the Wizard R1 release but by all accounts this synapse blu ray is meant to be something special.

Its amazing film.
Can you confirm that the extras have no subs?

Nagaman 10th January 2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 208639)
Its amazing film.
Can you confirm that the extras have no subs?

Yes, unfortunately, that's the downside with this release - the film itself is subtitled in English but all the extras are in Spanish only!

nekromantik 11th January 2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 208642)
Yes, unfortunately, that's the downside with this release - the film itself is subtitled in English but all the extras are in Spanish only!

Thought so :(
I cannot justify spending that much on a barebones release as the extras are useless without subs so its just like a barebones release.

Susan Foreman 11th January 2012 06:43 AM

I got a copy of the Marc Bolan film 'Born to Boogie' yesterday - £4.99 in a charity shop

It's more than I normally pay for a second hand DVD, but Marc Bolan was a big part of my yoof

I also got the new 'Dr Who' releases - 'The U.N.I.T Files', which contains 'Invasion of the Dinosaurs' and 'The Android Invasion'. Again, this was a big part of my childhood

mark meakin 11th January 2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 208368)
Just received Lamberto Bava's Blastfighter on Scandinavian DVD (Swedish I think but could be wrong) for only £7 delivered from the Finnish website Boostep.com. Great Service too!! :cool:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Sam.It's double this on Ebay plus Boostep.com take Paypal,another plus.:woot:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th January 2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 208609)
Mine came apart at the seam-a wee touch of superglue sorted it.

Mine did the same on one side but, like you, it was sorted with a bit of glue and looks in the same condition in which it came.

As I don't want to damage the box again, I'm going to take the discs from the packaging and store them somewhere else so the plastic case doesn't need to be repeatedly opened and closed.

I finished watching the films last night, doing a mini marathon of Part IV-Part VIII and will probably go through the lot again shortly to listen to all the commentaries. As it seems fitting given the day and date, I'll make a start on this Friday!