Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Playzocker 23rd July 2010 04:34 PM

Thank you so much for this list!

I've also heard that the Extended Cut removed tome of the violence, like when one pirate is being shot or when a shot rips off a guy's feet.

But judging by your list, I'm practically even happy not having seen this version as it sounds like 10 minutes more blah-blah (and let's be honest, acting isn't really Stallones biggest strength :D) and even less violence ... I think I'll stick with my US Blu-ray for now and get this just to complete the RAMBO collection.

Inspector Tanzi 24th July 2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 93404)
What region zone is this Blu-ray?

Region A.

Just like with DVD I feel a multi region machine is a must.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th July 2010 09:30 AM

Completely forgot that Withnail And I had been relesed on BD. £6.99 from HMV. :woot:

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th July 2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 93761)

It really is. :nod:

antmumford 24th July 2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 93761)
Region A.

I own all Jackie Chan films on vhs, all the so far released Blu-ray's and gradually collecting all the dvd's. Shame I only have my ps3 for blu's then because the police story trilogy would be a must own for any film fan. I watched Police Story just last night and forgot just how phenomenal that film is. Guess I'll just have to wait for some company to buck there ideas up and get some region b blu-ray jackie classics released.

Playzocker 24th July 2010 12:57 PM

The problem is that the BD Assossiation is againt multi-region players which is why the companies who released such players (Dyon, Momitsu) had to do firmware updates to remove that capability. Of course, I'd rather shoot myself than feed my player with that update. One day, I'm getting a REAL codefree machine like Movietyme sells them but they're all so friggin expensive...

phelings 24th July 2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 93807)
The problem is that the BD Assossiation is againt multi-region players which is why the companies who released such players (Dyon, Momitsu) had to do firmware updates to remove that capability. Of course, I'd rather shoot myself than feed my player with that update. One day, I'm getting a REAL codefree machine like Movietyme sells them but they're all so friggin expensive...

Anyone who buys hardware from Movietyme is asking for trouble.
If you look at the T&C's for hardware you will see that MT themselves are only interested in helping out if players go wrong within 30 days.

After that they genuinely expect buyers to contact the US branch of the manufacturer with a view to returning parts to the US at your own expense.

Amazon and Play both operate similar policies regarding faulty hardware but of course if your player is a US player then the UK branch won't be interested so you will end up with a useless piece of junk.

For fully multiregion hardware you should call Multiregion Magic. UK based and apparently the only supplier of players that are multiregional for Bluray.
Other places like Richer Sounds are still only offering Bluray players that are MR for dvd

the blob 24th July 2010 08:22 PM

Waiting for The Crazies remake to turn up in the post. Only other Blu I've bought recently is The Man Who Fell To Earth which I'm still waiting to watch.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th July 2010 08:23 PM

I've not long finished watching the remake of The Crazies. Quite enjoyed it.

Andra Jai 24th July 2010 09:07 PM

Currently awaiting The Breakfast Club which was sent from playusa earlier in the week.

Will be interesting to see how this looks on Blu-ray

I've just finished watching the extended cut of Rambo 4 which was pretty good.