All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151404Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2012, 12:04 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Very nice!

I also ordered from Amazon so hope that mine is waiting for me when I get home tonight, too.
kingofwitches666 likes this.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
I ordered it from Amazon, who I know don't always get stuff to you on date of release or before (I'm a cheap skate, I always use the free postage option anyway) but I can't argue with their packaging, especially with my steelbook. No rattling around in there.
That packaging must be new. I've ordered steelbooks before and never had them shipped like that. I'm guessing this is some reaction to complaints about damaged steelbooks. Time to look for a steelbook to order
Old 25th January 2012, 12:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Erm...

I've just ordered the Arrow Academy Rififi, The Coen Brothers Collection, Studio Canal's The Third Man and Masters of Cinema's The Ballad of Narayama.....

for £3.67 each, new, from Amazon Marketplace.

There's a company (with 200,000 feedback and 5 stars) listing LOADS of titles for that price.

Lots of MoC, Studio Canal, some new releases (Kill List was one that stuck out, Don't Look Now, Witchfinder General, THE KUBRICK BOX SET, literally LOADS of stuff.

Even it turns out to be some massive error, it's worth a punt!
Old 25th January 2012, 01:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Erm...

I've just ordered the Arrow Academy Rififi, The Coen Brothers Collection, Studio Canal's The Third Man and Masters of Cinema's The Ballad of Narayama.....

There's a company (with 200,000 feedback and 5 stars) listing LOADS of titles for that price.

Lots of MoC, Studio Canal, some new releases (Kill List was one that stuck out, Don't Look Now, Witchfinder General, THE KUBRICK BOX SET, literally LOADS of stuff.

Put a few in my basket but they disappeared by the time I got to the checkout. Still got Rififfi and Kill List though. Intrigued if they'll be honoured.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 25th January 2012, 01:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Erm...

Very fishy!
Old 25th January 2012, 01:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Fishy or not, I'll be protected through Amazon, so I'll get my money back if the goods never show! Well worth a go, haha
Old 25th January 2012, 01:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Well speak of the devil & he shall appear, postie has just delivered my Two-Lane Blacktop steely! I think I should mention how good the packaging was as I know this can be a concern for certain people, especially with steelbooks.

I ordered it from Amazon, who I know don't always get stuff to you on date of release or before (I'm a cheap skate, I always use the free postage option anyway) but I can't argue with their packaging, especially with my steelbook. No rattling around in there.
My Steelbook also arrived from Amazon today, packaged in the same way as yours. I now have two as I ordered one from Eureka and forgot to cancel my pre-order at Amazon, something I've done several times before!
Old 25th January 2012, 01:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Fishy or not, I'll be protected through Amazon, so I'll get my money back if the goods never show! Well worth a go, haha
And when I desided to give it a try everything's gone
Old 25th January 2012, 01:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
And when I desided to give it a try everything's gone
I found that with a lot of stuff. Managed to get Manhunter, Terminator 2, Hannibal Lecter box set, Witchfinder General, Kill List and Rififi. a fiver each with p&p - hope they get honoured.
Old 25th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Interestingly, zoverstocks have done their usual trick of undercutting by a penny so they have Kill List at £3.66 at the minute. Won't last long.

Like this? Share it using the links below!