Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 20th February 2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 218456)
Predator and Commando are both rated BBFC 18... how come you've watched them? :biggrin:

Greetings!

You think I tell my parents everything I do? Hell, my cousin works at the local Blockbuster so he generaly let's me get what ever I want so long as I return it next day. He even let me watch A Serbian Film under the counter while he was working the night shift. I switched it off after THAT scene. I have had a hatred for the movie ever since.

Make Them Die Slowly 20th February 2012 08:59 PM

"Manson Girl" 3 quid from HMV. Anyone seen it?

Baseball Fury 20th February 2012 10:48 PM

I've seen one at £28 (Pigs and Battleships), one at £30 (The Doors) and one at £35 (Date Night!!!)

Scyther 20th February 2012 11:31 PM

Thinking of purchasing What the Peeper Saw from Amazon, but have heard so many bad things about the DVD release. One user review says the DVD DOES indeed have an uncut Night Hair Child print, however? Not sure who to believe...Anyone have the skinny? :)

Thanks!
mG

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 218528)
"Manson Girl" 3 quid from HMV. Anyone seen it?

I've seen it and reviewed it (Manson Girl DVD). It's no classic, but probably worth £3.

PaulD 21st February 2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 218491)
We should run a competition to see who can find the most expensive stand-alone BD and DVD in HMV. :lol:

Challenge accepted!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2012 11:06 AM

The postman just delivered my Heathers Limited Edition Locker, which looks very cool and has a T-shirt inside which I'm slightly reluctant to take out of its plastic wrap and see what's on the front.

Not a Blu-ray, but the postie also brought Combat Shock, which I bought due to bizarre_eye's recommendation.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st February 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 218577)
Not a Blu-ray, but the postie also brought Combat Shock, which I bought due to bizarre_eye's recommendation.

I hope you enjoy it, Nos! :)

nekromantik 21st February 2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 218526)
You think I tell my parents everything I do? Hell, my cousin works at the local Blockbuster so he generaly let's me get what ever I want so long as I return it next day. He even let me watch A Serbian Film under the counter while he was working the night shift. I switched it off after THAT scene. I have had a hatred for the movie ever since.

:lol
I thought it was lame and really not that shocking.
I already seen the baby scene in MSP which is worse I think.
The scene in ASF the baby looks so fake but in MSP while there is no "rape" of it, the realistic gore makes it much more shocking.
Dont get the love for ASF I really dont, Im not saying that as it shocking as to me it was not that shocking.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 218584)
I hope you enjoy it, Nos! :)

So do I and, don't forget, your judgement is on the line!