Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 15th January 2020 05:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pics of puppy as said,
She 8 weeks old.

We now to slowly introduce the cats and dog together .

Demoncrat 15th January 2020 05:51 PM

Awww!

Demoncrat 15th January 2020 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pink Panther box set. UK. dvds. £3.

Very decent nick.

Demoncrat 15th January 2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 618739)
Pics of puppy as said,
She 8 weeks old.

We now to slowly introduce the cats and dog together .

Mate finally sent me a picture of his new dog. Very Fraggle Rock twas :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th January 2020 07:56 PM

Eggers' THE LIGHTHOUSE arrived today.
Region A locked.

iank 16th January 2020 07:36 AM

Arrived:

https://images4.static-bluray.com/mo...g?t=1423388347 https://images4.static-bluray.com/mo...g?t=1403079168 https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tk4AA...e5l/s-l300.jpg

SymbioticFunction 16th January 2020 11:35 AM

The first Deadpool on 4K UHD format arrived today. Had a sneak peek and it looks excellent, wife and I will rewatch it this afternoon. :)

btw I'll just stick with regular upscaled 1080p for the sequel as, unlike the original movie, apparently there's very little difference there.

Also waiting for a French Paperhouse blu-ray to arrive. It's been out of print for ages but a few reasonably priced copies recently turned up on ebay.

To be honest, Paperhouse really should have arrived by now (from France) so I'm starting to get a little concerned. Luckily paying with paypal will protect me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th January 2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 618800)
The first Deadpool on 4K UHD format arrived today. Had a sneak peek and it looks excellent, wife and I will rewatch it this afternoon. :)

btw I'll just stick with regular upscaled 1080p for the sequel as, unlike the original movie, apparently there's very little difference there.

I double dipped on Deadpool to upgrade the standard Blu-ray release I have to the 4K release and the difference in detail, colours, and contrast levels is astonishing.

The only version I have of the sequel is the Super Duper Cut – I haven't compared the different formats, but I'm really impressed with the AV aspects on the Ultra HD disc, particularly for the extended version of the film.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th January 2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 618814)
I double dipped on Deadpool to upgrade the standard Blu-ray release I have to the 4K release and the difference in detail, colours, and contrast levels is astonishing.

The only version I have of the sequel is the Super Duper Cut – I haven't compared the different formats, but I'm really impressed with the AV aspects on the Ultra HD disc, particularly for the extended version of the film.

I still haven't seen the sequel, which is crazy because I loved the first one.

I have the 4K release of Venom on it's way to me. It's another one I haven't seen. But as the new trailer for Sony's Morbius is all but sating that it's Marvel universe is connected to the MCU, I had to get it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th January 2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 618821)
I still haven't seen the sequel, which is crazy because I loved the first one.

I have the 4K release of Venom on it's way to me. It's another one I haven't seen. But as the new trailer for Sony's Morbius is all but sating that it's Marvel universe is connected to the MCU, I had to get it.

If you have the technology, the 4K Ultra HD release would be the only way to watch Venom because it's a film which, whatever floors you might find with the characters and story, it's a film with superb design and action set pieces. With the appropriate speaker setup, it is immersive and appropriately LOUD, and looks fantastic.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th January 2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 618827)
If you have the technology, the 4K Ultra HD release would be the only way to watch Venom because it's a film which, whatever floors you might find with the characters and story, it's a film with superb design and action set pieces. With the appropriate speaker setup, it is immersive and appropriately LOUD, and looks fantastic.

Should have it tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a spin now!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th January 2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 618833)
Should have it tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a spin now!

Wait until the neighbours are out and enjoy it as loud as possible!

trebor8273 17th January 2020 09:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Arrived today.

Nordicdusk 18th January 2020 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222090

Nostalgic 18th January 2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 618874)
Arrived today.

The only wau to watch star wars is the original prints!

Well done! Boycott the "special" editions.

Paul@TheOverlook 18th January 2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618564)
This weeks new arrivals.

Just a few from various Music Magpie offers to bolster the to watch pile after my Christmas run.

I love The Cell, Demdike, it’s really underrrated - Tarsem is such a great visual artist - you seen The Fall?

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th January 2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 618901)
I love The Cell, Demdike, it’s really underrrated - Tarsem is such a great visual artist - you seen The Fall?

I don't think i've seen The Fall although the poster looks familiar. It looks a very striking and colourful movie.

I bought The Cell because i couldn't find the copy i thought i had. No idea where it got to. (Probably can't see the wood for the trees - i've done that a couple of times before)

I saw it originally at the cinema. The visuals were impressive on the big screen.

Paul@TheOverlook 18th January 2020 06:54 PM

You’ll definitely dig The Fall if you’re a lover of the look of The Cell.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th January 2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 618903)
You’ll definitely dig The Fall if you’re a lover of the look of The Cell.

I haven't read into it, what sort of film is The Fall?

It would appear to be a fantasy but images out of context don't necessarily tell the whole story.

Paul@TheOverlook 18th January 2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618904)
I haven't read into it, what sort of film is The Fall?

It would appear to be a fantasy but images out of context don't necessarily tell the whole story.

It’s fantasy, mate. Kid meets an incapacitated man who recants the adventures he’s had.

Nostalgic 18th January 2020 07:57 PM

Not dvds but have downloaded a load of radio plays on the kindle from Dark Adventure Radio Theatre, adaptations of Lovecraft stories done as old time '30's radio....amazing! They are around £7 each & I have about 8 so far.

Along with this I've bought 2 MR James collections narrated by Derek Jacobi, £8 each.

My anxiety, depression & PTSD have really hit me hard lately, audiobooks hopefully will help calm my mind. Struggling already in 2020, sending positive thoughts to anyone who feels the same.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th January 2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 618905)
It’s fantasy, mate. Kid meets an incapacitated man who recants the adventures he’s had.

Cheers, Paul.

It's in the 2 for £3 offer on Music Magpie on dvd so i'll pick it up next time i place an order.

Demoncrat 19th January 2020 04:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two new dvds. Casblanca being the 2 discer. £2.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th January 2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 618898)
The only wau to watch star wars is the original prints!

Well done! Boycott the "special" editions.

The reason I don't own the current blu's, and won't be getting the 4K box set either [emoji107]

iank 20th January 2020 01:41 AM

Arrived:

https://images4.static-bluray.com/mo...g?t=1435751818

nosferatu42 20th January 2020 05:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This weeks new films.

Attachment 222102 Attachment 222103

bleakshaun 20th January 2020 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These 4, shadow of the vampire was only 30p
Attachment 222108

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Dave Boy 20th January 2020 01:30 PM

https://mediacdn.aent-m.com/prod-img...?ae=1065060130

fkoeils 20th January 2020 03:31 PM

Apparently Shriek Show are releasing Nights of Terror on Blu in July.

gag 20th January 2020 04:07 PM

Just a heads up, scam for amazon users ..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...-scam-17596791

Urgent warning over Amazon scam that is costing people thousands
Avoid getting caught out at all costs

Amazon customers are being warned to watch out for a scam which could expose all your financial details and drain your bank account.

People are getting calls claiming to be from Amazon and saying your account has been hacked.

The call says something has been ordered in your name, using your details, and the caller then offers to help secure your account to prevent future fraud.

Sometimes the call claims you have been signed up to Amazon Prime and charged.

Anyone receiving a call like this is urged to put down the phone immediately, and definitely not follow any of the instructions.

One victim has already lost £25,000 thanks to the scam

The call often starts with an automated system asking you to press 1, after informing you your account has been hacked.

This can either then connect you to someone who will try to get your bank details, or will connect you to a premium rate phone number.

If you end up speaking to someone, they will try to convince you to install a piece of software on your computer that will grant them full access to your machine.

They can then watch everything you are doing and harvest all your bank and credit card details - as well as accessing anything they want to on your computer.

A spokesman for Action Fraud, the UK's national fraud reporting centre, said: "The public have to subscribe to Amazon Prime themselves, and would not be automatically subscribed.

"If the public do receive this call and are worried that they were subscribed, the advice around this would be from UK Finance's 'Take Five to Stop Fraud' content."
This includes hanging up and contacting Amazon via a number or customer service line advertised on the genuine website - as they will be able to inform you if you are subscribed to Prime.

Action Fraud also reminded to never give out private information or details over the phone, especially in relation to bank accounts.

Amazon said: "If you receive a suspicious phone call, email or text message claiming to be from Amazon, asking for payment, personal information or offering a refund you do not expect, please do not share any personal information, and disconnect any phone call immediately.

“You can report spam calls via Action Fraud. Please also note that Amazon will never ask for your personal information, or ask you to make a payment outside of our website.

"If you received an e-mail regarding an order or Prime membership, or anything that you don’t recognise, please forward the e-mail to stop-spoofing@amazon.com and then delete it. Do not click on any links in such emails."

Pauline Smith, head of Action Fraud, said: "Unsolicited requests to remote access your computer should always raise a red flag. It's easy to feel embarrassed when faced with unexpected or complex conversations but it's okay to stop the discussion if you do not feel in control of it.

"If you've received an unexpected phone call, or other communication, stop and take a minute to think about whether an organisation would get in touch with you out of the blue in this way. Instead, contact them directly using a known email or phone number."

Consumer rights group Which? also recommend hanging up immediately if you receive this kind of call, particularly as banks and retail companies don't generally contact customers in this way.

If you've already been the victim of fraudulent activity such as this, you should report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use their online fraud reporting tool .

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2020 04:54 PM

I mentioned this a fortnight ago. ^

One of many scams these cnuts are coming up with.

marvinnashsear 20th January 2020 11:13 PM

Got the original Danish version of The Killing blu ray series 1 to 3 for £3.99 and The Nightmare Before Christmas 3d blu ray 2 disc for 99p from Salvation Army charity shop. Haven't seen The Killing but I'll give it a go for under 4 quid.

MrBarlow 21st January 2020 05:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got these Today

Nostalgic 21st January 2020 08:40 PM

Pre ordered house by the cemetery from wowhd.....

Lets hope theypost it sooooonnnnn

monkeypedro 21st January 2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 619056)

Ordered it a couple of weeks ago and still no dispatch email.

iank 21st January 2020 09:22 PM

I've reluctantly re-bought True Lies on DVD. My old one is f****d, it's been years since I've seen it and there's still no sign of a Blu ray coming any time soon. :rolleyes:

iank 23rd January 2020 01:56 AM

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1458853243

Dave Boy 23rd January 2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 619056)

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 619057)
Ordered it a couple of weeks ago and still no dispatch email.

Same here. Nothing. I had a look on the website on the release day and it changed from pre-order to back-order.

Rik 23rd January 2020 03:22 PM

I went to order it today and it said out of stock, so I’m guessing they didn’t get that many copies in

Dave Boy 23rd January 2020 04:03 PM

Hope they get sorted soon. I paid for my copy already.
I could of got it elsewhere by now.