Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 5th March 2021 11:20 AM

Absurd arrived this morning.

But it’ll be on the back burner so many films to watch and still a series of Lucifer yet, and flying through rewatch of In the line of Duty before new series starts this month,

And just bought The outsiders the complete novel which is 22 min longer .

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th March 2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 647373)
Absurd arrived this morning ,
But it’ll be on the back burner so many films to watch and still a series of Lucifer yet, and flying through rewatch of In the line of Duty before new series starts this month,
And just bought The outsiders the complete novel which is 22 min longer .

Haha! Made me chuckle there, gag.

How is a novel 22 minutes longer?

Justin101 5th March 2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 647378)

Believe it or not, that's the wording on the front of the Bluray, I also have it :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th March 2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 647378)

It's a weird title, though not something I've seen.

Is it 22 minutes longer than an episode of The Simpsons? 22 minutes longer than The Godfather? 22 minutes longer than a previous release?

This is the Blu-ray release I found at Amazon:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg

gag 5th March 2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 647385)
It's a weird title, though not something I've seen.

Is it 22 minutes longer than an episode of The Simpsons? 22 minutes longer than The Godfather? 22 minutes longer than a previous release?

This is the Blu-ray release I found at Amazon:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg

The original theatrical version released in the early 80s had a runtime of about 90 minutes and remained that way for the next 25 years. 2005 A.D., Coppola released an edited version on DVD that is about 22 min. longer and was supposed to be closer to the original: He called it The Complete Novel

MrBarlow 5th March 2021 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today

Attachment 231660

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th March 2021 10:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This week's new arrivals.

The Professionals and Scorpion Tales from the Network sale and Intimate Games from an Amazon seller. £2.99 as new. Bargain for a now out of print film. I think that's all Odeon's Slap & Tickle collection bought now.

gag 7th March 2021 04:36 PM

Just ordered I saw the devil blu ray from music magpie £5.79 I've never seen it .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th March 2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 647468)
Just ordered I saw the devil blu ray from music magpie £5.79 I've never seen it .

It's a brilliant revenge thriller, gag. I rate it very highly.

Nordicdusk 7th March 2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Fantastic film Choi Min-sik is amazing in it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th March 2021 06:14 PM

I never bothered with it because our release is the Korean version which was cut by Korean state censors by one minute and twenty seconds for violence and gore.

However it is longer than the 'uncut' international version because they added more scenes of dialogue totaling two minutes.

So swapping Korean chatter for violence and gore, er' no thank you. :lol:

MuckyFunster 7th March 2021 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hammer House of Horror and Death Line from the network sale. I do believe these are my first Network purchases ever!

I’ve never been a fan of the Hammer films I’ve seen. I always feel they’re a bit “pantomime-ey”, for want of a better description. Im not a huge fan of the gothic style in general - I just feel it’s kind of old fashioned, costume drama type thing. But as Hammer is always so highly rated by other horror fans I am always interested in watching them, hoping that one day I’ll have a moment where they click for me. I’ve watched the first two Hammer House episodes and really enjoyed them both. MYbe them being set in a more contemporary setting just suits me better.

Was also treat to see a young Gerard Kelly [emoji3590]

Attachment 231688

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 8th March 2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 647469)
It's a brilliant revenge thriller, gag. I rate it very highly.

I second rate it highly, you got yourself a good film there gag :pop2:

Nordicdusk 9th March 2021 08:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 231746 Attachment 231747

Ordered from WowHD.

iank 10th March 2021 12:07 AM

Got for my birthday:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1604306074 https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...0-I_grande.jpg

And some English chocolates. :nod::woot:

marvinnashsear 10th March 2021 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 647578)
Got for my birthday:

What are the chocolates? And does Australian chocolate taste different, like American choc?

iank 10th March 2021 02:12 AM

Some Yorkie bars, Wispa and Double Decker.
I seem to vaguely recall that Kit-Kit bars tasted different when we first came (1991!), and we stopped having them after a month or so. But that's so long ago I couldn't even tell you what the UK ones taste like or if they're the same now....
I've never had American chocolate. :confused:

marvinnashsear 10th March 2021 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 647581)
Some Yorkie bars, Wispa and Double Decker.
I seem to vaguely recall that Kit-Kit bars tasted different when we first came (1991!), and we stopped having them after a month or so. But that's so long ago I couldn't even tell you what the UK ones taste like or if they're the same now....
I've never had American chocolate. :confused:

I'm not a fan of it. I haven't tasted it in a while but it tasted like sick. I later found out, on QI, that one of the ingredients has the same chemical found in vomit. It was a Hershey bar.

iank 10th March 2021 06:48 AM

Sounds delicious! :lol:

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1379029911

Justin101 10th March 2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 647583)
I'm not a fan of it. I haven't tasted it in a while but it tasted like sick. I later found out, on QI, that one of the ingredients has the same chemical found in vomit. It was a Hershey bar.

There is a particular variety of Hershey's that uses soured milk, and it does taste as you describe, but most American chocolate is ok. Not as nice as Galaxy though. Or a plain old Mars Bar!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th March 2021 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 647578)
Got for my birthday:

I gave my best mate's daughter a Friends coffee cup filled with (English) chocolates as part of her Christmas present. She loved it. Said it was great to dunk marshmallows in.

Justin101 11th March 2021 03:54 PM

Just one, forgot this had come out (or thought it was still a few weeks away) so ordered it yesterday. You all know I love a bit of Jackie Chan, never seen this one though but it has a good reputation.

https://i.ibb.co/3MDhdVh/20210311-164928.jpg

gag 12th March 2021 12:08 PM

I saw the Devil blu ray arrived today so ill watch that over the weekend .

I tend to try and watch films now as they arrive because my watch pile getting ridiculous.

MrBarlow 12th March 2021 04:32 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Arrived from HMV

Attachment 231797 Attachment 231798

Attachment 231799 Attachment 231800

Attachment 231801 Attachment 231802

gag 13th March 2021 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My extended version of outsiders on blu ray arrived and I just bought this original poster for £40.

Nordicdusk 13th March 2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 647749)
My extended version of outsiders on blu ray arrived and I just bought this original poster for £40.

Do you display the posters you buy?

gag 13th March 2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 647753)
Do you display the posters you buy?

We will be moving at some point, we tried not last Xmas but the one before but then all this situation happened not long after the new year so we put things on hold, we’ve agreed when we do we will find somewhere that’s got plenty room or a garage or something than can deck out and turn into a man cave :lol: or display my poster all over and around the house.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th March 2021 01:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This week's new arrivals.

Nordicdusk 13th March 2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 647760)
We will be moving at some point, we tried not last Xmas but the one before but then all this situation happened not long after the new year so we put things on hold, we’ve agreed when we do we will find somewhere that’s got plenty room or a garage or something than can deck out and turn into a man cave :lol: or display my poster all over and around the house.

Barely have enough room for my films at this point let alone the posters i have all rolled up :lol:

gag 13th March 2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 647769)
Barely have enough room for my films at this point let alone the posters i have all rolled up :lol:

There that as well as another reason why we need to move.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th March 2021 04:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Four blind buys from Sainsbury's this afternoon. Yes, i've never seen Chariots of Fire.

First two were £3 each the second two £2.

Dave Boy 15th March 2021 05:19 PM

Alita Battle Angel.. Awesome!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th March 2021 08:34 AM

Although I've only seen Alita: Battle Angel once, I really enjoyed it and bought the 4K Ultra HD disc, one I'll probably watch in the next week.

Chariots of Fire is a bona fide classic, a film with an iconic score, inspiring story, and arguably Ian Holm's best performance in his long and distinguished career.

davcol 16th March 2021 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got these two the other day. Need a blu ray copy of Phantasm 2.

Dave 17th March 2021 04:10 PM

I picked up ‘Naked Girl Murdered in the Park’ from Full Moon and although it’s a quirky little Giallo the audio mix is absolutely atrocious, sounds like listening to a walkie talkie through a Didgeridoo. I think ‘Remastered’ is a bit of a stretch also. New Screamtime Collection incoming [emoji1787]

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th March 2021 04:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 647971)
I picked up ‘Naked Girl Murdered in the Park’ from Full Moon and although it’s a quirky little Giallo the audio mix is absolutely atrocious, sounds like listening to a walkie talkie through a Didgeridoo. I think ‘Remastered’ is a bit of a stretch also. New Screamtime Collection incoming [emoji1787]

I have Death Carries a Cane from Full Moon (Tormentor they call it). It's not exactly Bluray quality but is more than watchable if you are interested, Dave.

Below are some examples of screen grabs i did for the Post Your Fave Film Stills thread.

Dave 17th March 2021 06:20 PM

Thanks Dem, I’ll have to check it out. Looks good from the caps. Is it connected to the Ercoli films? I see Nieves Navarro is in it.

The PQ on NGMITP was good enough too. The main issue is the audio.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th March 2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 647976)
Thanks Dem, I’ll have to check it out. Looks good from the caps. Is it connected to the Ercoli films? I see Nieves Navarro is in it.

The PQ on NGMITP was good enough too. The main issue is the audio.

Audio's fine.

It's directed by Maurizio Pradeaux. He also did Death Steps in the Dark. The film itself is pretty enjoyable. Well worth it if you can pick it up for a fiver like i did at the time.

Dave 17th March 2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 647977)
Audio's fine.

It's directed by Maurizio Pradeaux. He also did Death Steps in the Dark. The film itself is pretty enjoyable. Well worth it if you can pick it up for a fiver like i did at the time.

I’ll have a look on eBay, see if there’s any available. Thanks!

Demoncrat 17th March 2021 09:57 PM

Noted D!! :nod: