Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 5th May 2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 238813)
I haven't seen it, but Green Snake is supposed to be a great film.

It is if you like the Tsui Hark films of the 90's and Maggie Cheung or Joey Wong (or both)... ;)

Green Snake (Ching Se) (

fuzzymctiger 5th May 2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 238853)
Ordered the original My Bloody Valentine blu-ray from Planet Axel. Apparently it's out of print already, but Axel says it's available from their supplier.....we shall see!

Do you think it'll stay in stock for another 30 days?

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th May 2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 238862)
Do you think it'll stay in stock for another 30 days?

I got an update this morning saying stock was being verified with the supplier. Tbh, i'm expecting another enail to say there are none.

antmumford 5th May 2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 238852)
might get the skin i live in then :)

last night i watched the signal again but this time on BD, to be honest i couldnt
really see much difference from the dvd , anyone else noticed this?

While I haven't watched the BD yet the DVD had pretty bad PQ and after looking at screenshots online the difference looked night and day to me which is why I bought the Blu straight away. I may watch the Blu today then and see what I think

Kyle 5th May 2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 238865)
While I haven't watched the BD yet the DVD had pretty bad PQ and after looking at screenshots online the difference looked night and day to me which is why I bought the Blu straight away. I may watch the Blu today then and see what I think

Maybe if I had seenthem side by side I would notice and maybe its becuase I was so blown away by I saw the devil that this didn't seem as good for quality. Where do you looks at screenshots for comparrison ?

Bringer Of Funerals 5th May 2012 09:32 AM

BDC:

Japanese people are rioting because all their dvds are sold out in every shop and they are saying you are their #1 man on their hit list :nod:

bdc 5th May 2012 09:34 AM

Uhm I have nothing to do with that,only bought a few Hong Kong dvd's. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2012 10:35 AM

I haven't had many new arrivals or orders, but did receive Gremlins 2: The New Batch from Planet Axel a week before it was released (it's out on Monday) and the two Masters of Cinema dual format Japanese films Sansho Dayu and Ugetsu Monagatari.

Gojirosan 5th May 2012 11:26 AM

Do people not just turn the colour off on their telly when presented with a colourised film?

I'm sure what the problem is...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 238888)
Do people not just turn the colour off on their telly when presented with a colourised film?

I'm sure what the problem is...

I watched the colourised version of Plan 9 from Outer Space last night and, because I had only seen it in black and white, was expecting the worst. I was therefore pleasantly surprised by how well the film looks in colour and how the colour effects were used, with one alien momentarily turning green after being punched!

Usually, if something was shot in monochrome, it was done for aesthetic reasons and looks horrible when 'coloured in' by a computer program.