Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th June 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 253175)
Every time I hear that word, it reminds me of Red Dwarf. :D

I was just about to say the same thing!

re.form 25th June 2012 07:45 PM

I'm from Lancashire and have always said 'pants', never trousers. I would sometimes use 'kegs'.

I like to wear a pair of 'Johnny long ones' under my 'kegs' in the cold winter months.

In other news, I recently bought the Demons steelbook.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th June 2012 07:49 PM

Although I don't own a laserdisc player (but I am looking into buying one), over the last couple of days, I bought the US laserdisc of The Exorcist and one of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

However, these are more for collectable purposes than for watching.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th June 2012 07:50 PM

Just goes to show you, I was unaware that anyone in the UK used the word pants instead of trousers. Thought It was just an American thing. Although, i've often wondered why we don't use the word pants, when a lot of people call underwear, underpants.

bdc 25th June 2012 07:51 PM

I'm also contemplating getting a laser disc player... ;)

Gojirosan 25th June 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 253188)
i've often wondered why we don't use the word pants, when a lot of people call underwear, underpants.

I always presume it's because that means "pants that go under" rather than "garment that goes under pants".

But that's just because I hate the word "pants" used for outerwear and need to justify it to myself! :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th June 2012 07:53 PM

I need to dig out my LD player and buy a few more discs.

Gojirosan 25th June 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 253189)

Me too...oh wait...I have one...:tongue1:

Recently used to transfer the proper, unruined version of Bad Lieutenant to DVD. Oh and I play CDs with it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th June 2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 253188)
Just goes to show you, I was unaware that anyone in the UK used the word pants instead of trousers. Thought It was just an American thing. Although, i've often wondered why we don't use the word pants, when a lot of people call underwear, underpants.

As much of our language comes from French, where the word is pantalon, I'm a little surprised at that too.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th June 2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 253189)

Nice one, b - but we're more interested in what you call trousers... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 253190)
I always presume it's because that means "pants that go under" rather than "garment that goes under pants".

But that's just because I hate the word "pants" used for outerwear and need to justify it to myself! :lol:

That's my justification too. :lol: