Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 1st October 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 277844)
What's the box inside like? The US one is a sturdy box with basically a book inside that the discs slip into.

Its like a standard cardboard boxset case inside (about the same size as the SPAGHETTI WESTERN TRILOGY box set, if you have that), very tightly fitting into the outer coffin case, and inside it there is a pretty thick booklet, 8 poster cards, a slip of paper listing the bonus features for each film and then a four-panelled fold-out case containing the discs, 2 in each panel.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 277852)
Its like a standard cardboard boxset case inside (about the same size as the SPAGHETTI WESTERN TRILOGY box set, if you have that), very tightly fitting into the outer coffin case, and inside it there is a pretty thick booklet, 8 poster cards, a slip of paper listing the bonus features for each film and then a four-panelled fold-out case containing the discs, 2 in each panel.

Mmmmm, don't really like fold-out digipacks. Think I'll pass for now.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The French set at the end of October features seperate slim amarays......;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered my copy of this!:cool:

Wes 1st October 2012 08:18 PM

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna pick up Shout Factory's Halloween II Blu - it looks fantastic and it's great to see the film's reputation is getting better. I love the way that film kicks off minutes after the Carpenter film - I can't think of too many sequels that do so...

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 277870)
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna pick up Shout Factory's Halloween II Blu - it looks fantastic and it's great to see the film's reputation is getting better. I love the way that film kicks off minutes after the Carpenter film - I can't think of too many sequels that do so...

It is fantastic release, just like their Halloween III disc. Great to have the tv version of Halloween II on there as well.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 277869)
Just ordered my copy of this!:cool:

Pfft! Not even the one with the T-shirt? Letting the side down Reaps!

Susan Foreman 1st October 2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 277763)
I watched it once and can't recall much of anything, other than it seemed to just plod around.

EDIT: This scene in Salem's Lot used to creep me out as a child.

Salem's Lot - Tobe Hooper - YouTube

Creepy, yes

But this is the scene that made me turn the television off, and run screaming to my mummy!

Jail Scene Salem's Lot 1979 - YouTube

*Edit - I was 45 years old at the time!

**Edit 2 - No silly - that was a joke!!!!!

Vampix 1st October 2012 10:22 PM

That Evilspeak DVD you have is cut; the Anchor Bay UK 2-DVD set is uncut.

Make Them Die Slowly 1st October 2012 10:55 PM

I watched "Requiem for a Vampire" earlier today. Looks great, are all the other Rollin's Blus this good to look at?