Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 20th December 2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 304093)
Bloody typical - we had to go out this morning, and we we got home, there was a card put thru the door, saying I had received a package, which had been taken back to the depot

I am assuming it is my Arrow order

Have to go and collect it tomorrow morning, I suppose
!

Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday and I also hope it's the Arrow order. Will try and organise a redelivery for next Monday.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th December 2012 02:17 PM

I received my Arrow Academy BDs and DVDs: The Tin Drum, The Conformist and Il Generale Della Rovere.

Nagaman 20th December 2012 02:26 PM

Was just in the process of e-mailing Arrow my order details to see if they could shed some light on where my order was and just as I was about to send the e-mail, the postie turned up at the door...
...with My Arrow Order! :) :woot:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th December 2012 02:27 PM

Nice overview of the Nightmare on Elm Street series, keirarts. It's been quite a while since I watched the 1-7 box set and, as I now have the Blu-ray set, another marathon viewing is long overdue.

Hawkmonger 20th December 2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 304110)
Was just in the process of e-mailing Arrow my order details to see if they could shed some light on where my order was and just as I was about to send the e-mail, the postie turned up at the door...

You Guernsy folk's have it so easy! I'm still waiting for my copy's of Caligula Limited edition, The Night Child, Christmas Evil, Commando Leopard and Bay of Blood to turn up.:rolleyes:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th December 2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 304110)

Talk about good timing. I imagine you would have felt a bit silly if you sent that e-mail and then answered the door!

PaulD 20th December 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 304111)
Nice overview of the Nightmare on Elm Street series, keirarts. .

Seconded. I've been through them all apart from 4 and 5 and will post my thoughts when I get my pc back online.

Nagaman 20th December 2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 304112)
You Guernsy folk's have it so easy! I'm still waiting for my copy's of Caligula Limited edition, The Night Child, Christmas Evil, Commando Leopard and Bay of Blood to turn up.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't say we have it easy. Most stuff takes longer to get here, especially from abroad because it has to go to the UK mainland first before either being shipped or flown over. And if it's a day like today, the mail plane didn't make it in this morning due to fog! Sometimes we can go days without the mail coming in due to fog!

Nagaman 20th December 2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 304115)
Talk about good timing. I imagine you would have felt a bit silly if you sent that e-mail and then answered the door!

It sure was good timing. I really was just a click away from sending the e-mail. :)

Rik 20th December 2012 02:44 PM

Fancied some HD Xenomorph goodness today so I watched Alien and Aliens for the second time on Blu Ray. Both fantastic films that need no explanation here and only one slight disappointment for me which occurs during the infamous chestburster scene in Alien, Spaceballs forever ruined that scene for me so now it just doesn't look realistic as the chestburster scurries off the table, it's almost laughable. However, the scene where Dallas is captured by the alien is still very tense now as it was 20 years ago when I first watched it.

http://v005o.popscreen.com/WFUxTUFva...lo-my-baby.jpg