Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

demonknight 21st January 2013 03:08 PM

Had a visit from the Postman this morning.
He left me The Blob,1958 version, on dvd
along with two blurays, Dredd and The Cabin
in the Woods. Also received The Coffin Joe
Collection, but I'll be returning that package
due to damage on the Amaray case.

Invid Ninja 21st January 2013 03:10 PM

No problem Hawk, glad you enjoy them. :) I am not a fan of most internet 'film critics' in general, Bennett The Sage, Film Brain and the now deadly dull Brad Jones are the worst ones.

Hawkmonger 21st January 2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invid Ninja (Post 314556)
No problem Hawk, glad you enjoy them. :) I am not a fan of most internet 'film critics' in general, Bennett The Sage, Film Brain and the now deadly dull Brad Jones are the worst ones.

I must disagree with you on Brad Jones, along with Kyle 'Oancitizen' one of the best crtics out there, you gotta remember, everything he say's as The Cinema Snob is the opposit of what he really thinks. bennet the sage is a bit of a know it all dunce who's not really all that bright. Film Brain can be alright but his streat cred is appauling. the guy suffers from aspbergers so he has my sympaphy. Personaly, that 'Blockbuster Buster' is just one of the worst critics i've ever seen. Wouldn't know a funny gag if it hit him in the face. But either way, you run a dunkey little review show that doesn't try to be anything other than what it is. I think you have a new subscriber. ;)

bdc 21st January 2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invid Ninja (Post 314545)
So here is my ugly mug showing you what films I bought recently - :roll:

Oli's Movie Collection Update: 21/1/13 - YouTube

Nice ones! :thumb:
I recently bought and watched Pulp as well and enjoyed it.

Invid Ninja 21st January 2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 314559)
I must disagree with you on Brad Jones, along with Kyle 'Oancitizen' one of the best crtics out there, you gotta remember, everything he say's as The Cinema Snob is the opposit of what he really thinks. bennet the sage is a bit of a know it all dunce who's not really all that bright. Film Brain can be alright but his streat cred is appauling. the guy suffers from aspbergers so he has my sympaphy. Personaly, that 'Blockbuster Buster' is just one of the worst critics i've ever seen. Wouldn't know a funny gag if it hit him in the face. But either way, you run a dunkey little review show that doesn't try to be anything other than what it is. I think you have a new subscriber. ;)

Thanks man, again glad you enjoy the vids :) . But no, I've always known Brad's Snob is a character since his Youtube days, like most TGWTG members it's painfully obvious. I just also find him as a person somewhat boring and strangely irritating because of the way he snarkily treats his audience, just read any of his comments threads; his later reviews in character or otherwise are a chore to sit through now. Shame really as I enjoyed his videos at first.

Hawkmonger 21st January 2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invid Ninja (Post 314564)
Thanks man, again glad you enjoy the vids :) . But no, I've always known Brad's Snob is a character since his Youtube days, like most TGWTG members it's painfully obvious. I just also find him as a person somewhat boring and strangely irritating now; his later reviews in character or otherwise are a chore to sit through now. Shame really as I enjoyed his videos at first.

Thats a fair cop. I guess it's not like we have to watch them, I just find Brad funny. But it's the little members of YT that make me smile, I;m myself possibly gonna start a weekly 2000AD (if I can find the time) review or at least collection updates. Ho hum, life goes on.:rolleyes:

Invid Ninja 21st January 2013 03:25 PM

Give it a go :), most of the Youtube community are great people once you get to know them. Some are really good friends of mine like this guy who I would recommend:

42nd Street Presents....Zombie Flesh Eaters. - YouTube

Hawkmonger 21st January 2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invid Ninja (Post 314568)
Give it a go :), most of the Youtube community are great people once you get to know them. Some are really good friends of mine like this guy who I would recommend:

42nd Street Presents....Zombie Flesh Eaters. - YouTube

Thanks Invid, might not start it until the summer as my collection is still somewhat lackluster. I was given a cineworld card for christmas so might start doing Vlogs as i'll be going every friday evening.

JoshuaKaitlyn 21st January 2013 04:02 PM

Got a medical procedure tomorrow morning so I thought I'd treat myself.

The French Connection
Chariots of Fire
(Blu)
Mrs. Miniver
Amadeus
Rain Man
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Double Indemnity
(MOC Blu Steelbook) this was a double dip! Bought the DVD a few weeks ago but saw the MOC version in CEX and couldnt resist)
Crash
Brokeback Mountain
Sense and Sensibility
Ghostbusters
Around the World in 80 Days
The Departed
How Green Was My Valley
Four Weddings & a Funeral
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Million Dollar Baby
The Queen
A Beautiful Mind

Oscar winners & BAFTA winners all (Nearly!)

trebor8273 21st January 2013 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
these came today.