Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 21st January 2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 314780)
Don't try and make us all feel bad just cos' you can't look after your Grandma properly when you're out. :lol:

This last week is the first time in twelve months it hasn't pissed it down constantly. :woot:

Thats a fair point, just make's me feel bad when I think of my loved one mortality. Time was she would have sprinted over that ice. I feel old and unhappy.:(

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st January 2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 314783)
Thats a fair point, just make's me feel bad when I think of my loved one mortality. Time was she would have sprinted over that ice. I feel old and unhappy.:(

Why didn't you just do her shopping for her? :loco:

Hawkmonger 21st January 2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 314784)
Why didn't you just do her shopping for her? :loco:

She wanted to get out, as I said, her knee's aren't good and she needed help walking over the ice. Have you ever tried arhuing with a woman in early stage Alzhiemers?

Slippery Jack 21st January 2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 314764)
Is anyone else experiencing delayed deliveries because of the snow?

Yup. And the bloody annoying thing is it's a big winter coat I'm waiting for :mmph: . . .

Refused 21st January 2013 09:28 PM

Don't know what you're all talking about, Amazon sent House of Psychotic Women on Saturday and it arrived today. With the free delivery option. :woot:

SharonLynette 21st January 2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 314793)
Don't know what you're all talking about, Amazon sent House of Psychotic Women on Saturday and it arrived today. With the free delivery option. :woot:

Lucky you! You aren't stuck in the wilds though! Great choice in literature!

SharonLynette 21st January 2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 314789)
Yup. And the bloody annoying thing is it's a big winter coat I'm waiting for :mmph: . . .

I haven't had a proper coat for years although I did treat myself to a waterproof, I did get a new blanket coat which I did get a chance to wear out today.

Slippery Jack 21st January 2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 314800)
I haven't had a proper coat for years

Same here. Been meaning to get a down coat for yonks - I've only got paper thin stuff... Went for a cool Uniqlo coat with a removable down layer :dance: I'll just have to imagine how warm I would've been walking to work in it all this week :mmph: It's Cult Labs fashion corner :lol: . . .

SharonLynette 21st January 2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 314775)
It's a sad shame, I sympahpise. My Grandmothers knee's aren't to good at the moment so I had to take her shopping after college. At one point she nearly slipt and I felt wretchid the whole day for not being in arm's length to catch her. Snow can be a really pain for people with disability's or are elderly, already looking forward to it melting.

I sympathise, my grandma is a bit of a nightmare. She used to be very active but then slipped running down the garden in her mid-seventies, Had to have something done on her hip then she slipped whilst in hospital and had to have a hip replacement. Now the problem is she has a crutch which she uses in a way that she reminds me of a tripod from War of the Worlds. So she is still very active but very wobbly, it's really scary as she can really pick up speed.

SharonLynette 21st January 2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 314801)
Same here. Been meaning to get a down coat for yonks - I've only got paper thin stuff... Went for a cool Uniqlo coat with a removable down layer :dance: I'll just have to imagine how warm I would've been walking to work in it all this week :mmph: It's Cult Labs fashion corner :lol: . . .

Now if there was a fashion corner I would just be posting countless photos of new clothes and new old clothes, I'm obsessed.