Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:37 AM
Cult Addict

NGE seem's to be an innebitability amongst anime fans. All paths eventualy lead to it, no matter how hard you try to avoid it, and the flame war between fans and detracters will never faulter, not even with the middle party that accpets it's faults and thinks little of it, such as I. It's an odd phenomena...
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
What about the use of religious imagery in the second half that has no bearing to plot what so ever? Admitedly, there is some that works. the core concept of the Angels and there imprisonmet by man in the form of the EVA's is sound, but what the hell has the bloody tree of life got to do with anything? It appeares everywhere!

I used to think so also, Eva will always hold a place in my heart as the first anime I ever watched. It doesn't hold up on repeat viewings however.
Religious is the core theme of Eva so I don't it think it's irrelevant, we can't analyse the whole plot here so I suggest you,If you haven't already to check on the Evangelion Wiki for further information.
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:40 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It was really good until the last 5 or 6 episodes, and I DID enjoy it
With the origional Evengalion the director had a breakdown, hence the final few shows got weird, thats one of the reasons they stuck out Death and rebirth and end of evengalion to finish it properly. The show itself actually shows some research into biblical prophecy and jewish angelic lore, the angels actually look like how they are supposed to look, not fellas with wings which was invented by the romans when they took up christianity. As for the new versions, love how their done as well. Using digital animation but making it look hand drawn and similar in style to older anime is great imo.

Also, the second BESERK film is out and ready, so just ned to wait for the uk release!
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:41 AM
Cult Addict

Believe it or not i've edited a few of those articles clearly wrtten by fan boys who seem to think a great number of things that don't actualy occure in any aspect of the EVA franchise.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Also, the second BESERK film is out and ready, so just ned to wait for the uk release!
da fook! I had no idea!
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:46 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I'm sorry, buti think it's the most overrated pile of crap ever.

There are pretentious films and series that are almost to overrated, but are still smart. Then there is Evangelion. The try hard pretentious, which acts like its big and mysterious, but is just crap
Tree of life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The tree of life is chock full of religious symbolism, check the wiki link for all its meanings, a lot of which fit nicely into the overarcing plot of human instrumentality project. It even helps explain the damn peguin!
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Ano hates you then.

This is exactly what he doesn't want. He made it to be frustrating, he didn't want it to be good. I guess it backfired then
For you,in the end it becomes very optimistic and even the ''weak'' character of Shinji turns into a powerful indivisual
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
With the origional Evengalion the director had a breakdown, hence the final few shows got weird, thats one of the reasons they stuck out Death and rebirth and end of evengalion to finish it properly. The show itself actually shows some research into biblical prophecy and jewish angelic lore, the angels actually look like how they are supposed to look, not fellas with wings which was invented by the romans when they took up christianity. As for the new versions, love how their done as well. Using digital animation but making it look hand drawn and similar in style to older anime is great imo.

Ano made the original show ending as they happy ending, as it was Shinji working everything out and discovering himself.

But due to backlash and death threats, he gave one last **** you to everyone, and made the movies, which are the bad ending.

It's almost like an old game, with the good and bad endings

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
For you,in the end it becomes very optimistic and even the ''weak'' character of Shinji turns into a powerful indivisual
Yes, you're right. That was the creators good ending, but I still found it frustrating, because at the time when I watched it, I had no idea what it meant.

But when everyone cracked it at him, he made the "bad" ending, End of Evangelion, and killed everyone.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:55 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Ano made the original show ending as they happy ending, as it was Shinji working everything out and discovering himself.

But due to backlash and death threats, he gave one last **** you to everyone, and made the movies, which are the bad ending.

It's almost like an old game, with the good and bad endings
Well that ending was one way of looking at it I suppose. I prefer the darker ending of eoe. Personally like it or loathe it I still say taking the medium and trying to make something genuinely meaningful and artistic was a great move, better yet it was such a success it allowed other anime makers the opportunity to do more interesting things with their shows.

Like this? Share it using the links below!