Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 26th November 2011 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just picked this up:
I thought it was cool you could make it scream by pressing the button... :loco:
There's also a dvd version btw.

Scream 4 - Limited Edition (2011) (Eone) Blu-ray

g053584398 26th November 2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 200121)
It's anamorphic - it's Argent's release of NUN AND THE DEVIL which is non-anamorphic.

Thanks for the info!

bdc 26th November 2011 04:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just picked this up:

Pete 26th November 2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 200138)
Thanks for the info!

No problem. I don't think any of the various DVD editions of NUN AND THE DEVIL are anamorphic.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th November 2011 04:42 PM

Night of the Eagle is a superb film, excellent performances from Peter Wyngarde and Janet Blair.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2011 04:45 PM

:lol:
Where did you get that Bruno?:cool:

Rik 26th November 2011 04:47 PM

Beat me to it Reaps ha ha

Well hello Mister Fancypants.

bdc 26th November 2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 200143)
:lol:
Where did you get that Bruno?:cool:

FRS,I think they also ship to the UK?

Scream 4 (Limited Edition) - Wes Craven - Blu-ray Disc

There's also a Dutch site btw,this is the Belgian one.

[edit] just checked and they ship to "other countries". ;)

Btw it's region A/B/C with optional Dutch subs according to the cover and I think it's a FRS exclusive?

Extras seem to be almost the same as the US bd.
Audio commentary
Deleted & Extended Scenes (no commentary track?)
Gag Reel
Making Of
Alternate Opening
Alternate ending

ReturnToZero 26th November 2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 200115)
Annoying there's not a decent release (extras wise at least) of Night of the Eagle out there. Think The Damned is one of the many unwatched films I have saved on my Sky+ box. Had to delete I Am Cuba the other day without having seen it, then saw some stunning clips from it on Cousins' Story of Film :mmph: . . .

So, the Optimum release isn't good?
I have never seen this movie but the US-titel Burn! Witch, Burn! made me really interested some time ago.

ReturnToZero 26th November 2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 200108)
This morning I received the UK dvd of the Italian nunspoiter STORY OF A CLOISTERED NUN.

Attachment 30948

Is it uncut? Would also be interesting to know about the quality compared to the NoShame disc.

Pete 26th November 2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 200154)
Is it uncut? Would also be interesting to know about the quality compared to the NoShame disc.

Yes, it's uncut and decent quality too - I can post some screen grabs if anyone wants to see. Not much in terms of extras though, just the Theatrical trailer, gallery, trailers for other Argent releases and a plug for Shameless' Killer Nun and Flavia the Heretic.

Slippery Jack 26th November 2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 200152)
So, the Optimum release isn't good?

It's barebones, innit? Think that's the only reason I don't own it, not that I'm expecting an extras-laden release to appear any time soon . . .

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th November 2011 05:16 PM

8 Attachment(s)
This weeks discs.

Messages Deleted is a new film by Larry Cohen.

Thanks to Pete for The Reincarnation of Isabel and 2019 After the fall of New York. :thumb:

Slippery Jack 26th November 2011 05:20 PM

I found Funeral in Berlin a pretty dull follow-up to The IPCRESS File - Ken Russell's Billion Dollar Brain however is wonderfully bonkers :crazy: . . .

wongfeihung62 26th November 2011 05:22 PM

Last purchases were

DRAGON TIGER GATE - 2 DISC
THE BROOD - 2 DISC

ReturnToZero 26th November 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 200156)
Yes, it's uncut and decent quality too - I can post some screen grabs if you want? Not much in terms of extras though, just the Theatrical trailer, gallery, trailers for other Argent releases and a plug for Shameless' Killer Nun and Flavia the Heretic.

Thanks for the info. Uncut and decent quality is enough for me to know so you don't have to take some screen shot :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 200157)
It's barebones, innit? Think that's the only reason I don't own it, not that I'm expecting an extras-laden release to appear any time soon . . .

Most important is that the feature itself is good and not some awful VHS transfer. I usually don't have time to go through 3 hours of extras anyway :)

Slippery Jack 26th November 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 200162)
Most important is that the feature itself is good and not some awful VHS transfer. I usually don't have time to go through 3 hours of extras anyway :)

I suppose, though I reckon I still favour extras over quality of feature - I'm not too fussy unless it's really bad. I always enjoy a commentary to put it into context and give me a bit of background info, even better if Kim Newman is involved . . .

bdc 26th November 2011 05:48 PM

I've posted some more info. ;)
If someone would like to order this,maybe best use Babelfish?
Otherwise I'll try to help out if needed.

PaulD 26th November 2011 06:27 PM

Gullermo Del Toro boxset arrived today - lovely looking set. Love the pop-up book aspect! Can't wait to see Pans Labyrinth in HD.

bdc 26th November 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 200139)
Just picked this up:

Just noticed there's something odd...the box is big enough to fit a dvd and the bd is in a dvd case (slipcase and cover have all the bd info though)! :lol:
Pretty cool to have this "retro packaging" on a bd imho. :thumb:

the blob 26th November 2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 200182)
Just noticed there's something odd...the box is big enough to fit a dvd and the bd is in a dvd case (slipcase and cover have all the bd info though)! :lol:
Pretty cool to have this "retro packaging" on a bd imho. :thumb:

Just sounds like they didn't want to spend the extra cash on doing a BD sized run to me. :lol:

bdc 26th November 2011 07:28 PM

Could be... :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 26th November 2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 200115)
Annoying there's not a decent release (extras wise at least) of Night of the Eagle out there. Think The Damned is one of the many unwatched films I have saved on my Sky+ box. Had to delete I Am Cuba the other day without having seen it, then saw some stunning clips from it on Cousins' Story of Film :mmph: . . .

"I Am Cuba" is great, shame you had to get rid.

keirarts 26th November 2011 07:38 PM

Not really into 'urban' films so much but chanced across the blu-ray for menace 2 society in my local cash-in-a-dash for four quid. I liked the hughes brothers dead presidents and I even liked from hell (in spite of the graphic novel being light years better, and the michael caine jack the ripper is still the best imho) so I thought what the hell. Just got back from work so i'll give it a spin.

keirarts 26th November 2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 200158)
This weeks discs.

Messages Deleted is a new film by Larry Cohen.

Thanks to Pete for The Reincarnation of Isabel and 2019 After the fall of New York. :thumb:

Devils rain is the second best shatner movie ever (after kingdom of the spiders of course! )

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th November 2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 200195)
Devils rain is the second best shatner movie ever (after kingdom of the spiders of course! )

Yeah, I have a lot of affection for The Devil's Rain too.

Phurious 26th November 2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 200195)

Incubus is surely his best? (Well for me anyway :) )

keirarts 26th November 2011 07:46 PM

wrath of kahn is 3rd, inccubus 4th.

Kingdom of the spiders is unbeatable.

bdc 26th November 2011 08:42 PM

Btw for those interested here's another (more expensive) Dutch/Belgian? limited release (Media Markt exclusive):
I like mine better though (and it's cheaper)... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnL8U...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nqDK...eature=related

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th November 2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 200199)
wrath of kahn is 3rd, inccubus 4th.

Kingdom of the spiders is unbeatable.

I don't think i have ever seen a Shatner film that doesn't involve a ship called the Enterprise. :tsk:

The 4th Fella 26th November 2011 09:35 PM

http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/squeeze.jpg

Oh yeah, I managed to get my hands on a copy. :cool:

Culture Vulture 26th November 2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 193392)
Great selection... I must admit I have not seen HOTD but everything I've read about it says I should...

HOTD is one of my fave horrors of the past twenty years, awesome film, you really need to get hold of it on BD, dude. So well done you'd really think it was a 70s horror, as opposed to some kind of pastiche like, say, Grindhouse.

Earlier today I popped into CEX and treated myself to Hobo With A Shotgun on BD, which I watched earlier and found to be a lot of fun, and a copy of the documentary Sex: The Annabel Chong Story on DVD for a couple of quid.

oaxaca 26th November 2011 11:03 PM

Ordered these recently:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

The Scarface steely is £12.50 on amazon.com whereas Burial Ground is £9 on amazon.co.uk

keirarts 27th November 2011 06:52 AM

moviemars dropped the price of night school back down to 12.98 on marketplace. Was hovering at the 20quid mark.

Bought it.

DrTerror 27th November 2011 01:12 PM

Just ordered a couple of cheap 80s titles - The Awakening (early Mike Newell mummy flick with Charlton Heston) and Don't Open Til Christmas ahead of the traditional December movie season.

VicDakin 27th November 2011 09:08 PM

German dvds

3 Attachment(s)
Thought id give the german Amazon another go,got Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell from them awhile ago

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th November 2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTerror (Post 200279)
Just ordered a couple of cheap 80s titles - The Awakening (early Mike Newell mummy flick with Charlton Heston) and Don't Open Til Christmas ahead of the traditional December movie season.

Your insomnia is now cured.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2011 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just recieved Bloodrayne - The Blood Reich

Vampires, Nazis and Uwe Boll - how can it possibly be crap?

At least it was only £2.99 on Amazon, its now back at £6.99.

Pete 28th November 2011 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Postie just dropped off HUMAN LANTERNS (and a Joy Division CD) :)

Attachment 31196

robertzombie 28th November 2011 11:12 AM

Twin Peaks - Definitive Gold Box Edition DVD
£14.95
Zavvi, Mega Monday

Twin Peaks - Definitive Gold Box Edition DVD | Zavvi.com