Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 21st February 2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 218675)
I have the uncut A SERBIAN FILM
and the 'baby rape scene' is very much implied and you don't see any close ups or anything
and besides the baby looks very animatronic and the mother giving birth, you can see she's obviously wearing a latex body suit
ASF is very good horror though

I dont care. It's still squeeky.

bdc 21st February 2012 07:15 PM

Arrived... :)

Mortuary Blues - Legendary Collection (1990) (Fortune Star/Joy Sales)

http://c.dv1.us/p1/849/178849-d0.jpg

keirarts 21st February 2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 218586)
So do I and, don't forget, your judgement is on the line!

going to back y'all up on combat shock. The most nihlistic depressing and outright bleak movie, combat shock is a grimy and hellish movie that SHOULD BE SEEN BY EVERYONE!

Hope you got the tromasteropieces disc, the best presentation of the movie available.

Sort of miffed my heathers hasn't arrived yet, worse still i'm at work tommorrow and neither that nor my repo man steely will fit through my letterbox! :mmph:

keirarts 21st February 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 218749)
I dont care. It's still squeeky.

Serbian film didn't really bother me, I saw it uncut and wondered why some guy was F%^&*$g a rubber baby.

Hawkmonger 21st February 2012 07:30 PM

It's what it's depicting, not what's actualy going on that disturbes me.

Nordicdusk 21st February 2012 07:31 PM

No excuse for anything sexual to happen to any child in any movie its just WRONG

keirarts 21st February 2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 218769)
It's what it's depicting, not what's actualy going on that disturbes me.

by that token surely a lot of films should disturb you. AS bad as the act is, to me its no worse than killing or raping someone regardless of age. Its still messed up! But depicted with authenticity on celluloid is disturbing, poorly executed its just fake nonsense.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 218767)
going to back y'all up on combat shock. The most nihlistic depressing and outright bleak movie, combat shock is a grimy and hellish movie that SHOULD BE SEEN BY EVERYONE!

Hope you got the tromasteropieces disc, the best presentation of the movie available.

I did get that one as, though it was more expensive, it seemed common sense to buy that rather than the one which was released six years previously.

This may not be the right phrase, but I'm looking forward to watching it!

Hawkmonger 21st February 2012 07:35 PM

No. I disagree.
The raping of a fully grown person in a film make's it schlock.
The raping of a new born child in a film make's it evil.
Just my opinion.
And wherest movies like CH are some what artsy, ASF is just cruel spirited.

g053584398 21st February 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 218762)
Arrived... :)

Mortuary Blues - Legendary Collection (1990) (Fortune Star/Joy Sales)

http://c.dv1.us/p1/849/178849-d0.jpg

Of those Fortune Star/Joy Sales supernatural films, which are the most enjoyable in your opinion? I already have some of them, but I am looking to acquire more.

keirarts 21st February 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 218776)
No. I disagree.
The raping of a fully grown person in a film make's it schlock.
The raping of a new born child in a film make's it evil.
Just my opinion.
And wherest movies like CH are some what artsy, ASF is just cruel spirited.

Raping a person young or old is wrong. End of discussion.

How its PRESENTED in the film matters a lot, had the newborn scene in serbian film looked in anyway convincing i would have turned the film off, burned it then spent a lot of time trashing the movie online. As it looked fake, and was presented in a way that reminded me off a friends young son showing me a crayon picture he drew of a man with his head cut off in a jevenile attempt to elicit a shocked reaction I just rolled my eyes and watched it through to the end.

keirarts 21st February 2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 218774)
I did get that one as, though it was more expensive, it seemed common sense to buy that rather than the one which was released six years previously.

This may not be the right phrase, but I'm looking forward to watching it!

its an excellent disc, with some genuinely well done extras and a great commentary track. Make sure to watch the american nightmares cut as well!

Hawkmonger 21st February 2012 07:45 PM

Yes, rape is wrong, but it is how it is depicted in the media that is important.
Wether it look's realistic or not, the raping of a young child is far more dissturbing in my eye's than the rape of a fully grow woman.

bdc 21st February 2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 218778)
Of those Fortune Star/Joy Sales supernatural films, which are the most enjoyable in your opinion? I already have some of them, but I am looking to acquire more.

Which ones do you have and how do you rate them?
I'll try to make a little list once I know your tastes... ;)

keirarts 21st February 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 218781)
Yes, rape is wrong, but it is how it is depicted in the media that is important.
Wether it look's realistic or not, the raping of a young child is far more dissturbing in my eye's than the rape of a fully grow woman.

ok, so we differ there I suppose. My problem is I dont see these things in degrees. I've never viewed one rape as being any less wrong than another. I do agree that how its depicted is important, to me serbian film looked fake, and a deliberate attempt to shock me for its own sake. This doesent disturb me, it just makes me sad.

Make Them Die Slowly 21st February 2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 218779)
Raping a person young or old is wrong. End of discussion.

How its PRESENTED in the film matters a lot, had the newborn scene in serbian film looked in anyway convincing i would have turned the film off, burned it then spent a lot of time trashing the movie online. As it looked fake, and was presented in a way that reminded me off a friends young son showing me a crayon picture he drew of a man with his head cut off in a jevenile attempt to elicit a shocked reaction I just rolled my eyes and watched it through to the end.

I've not seen ASF but responding to "Mordum" in pretty much the same way.

keirarts 21st February 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 218785)
I've not seen ASF but responding to "Mordum" in pretty much the same way.

100% agree with you there, pretty much the same thing, though the end scenes of mordem actually disgusted me a lot more. It didn't look as fake as asf.

g053584398 21st February 2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 218783)
Which ones do you have and how do you rate them?
I'll try to make a little list once I know your tastes... ;)

The ones that I've sat down to watch and that stick in mind are The Seventh Curse, which is a film that really kicks ass in my opinion, The Bedevilled and Vampire Versus Vampire.

I've also ordered Mr Vampire 2, Mr Vampire 3, Magic Story and The Trail.

bdc 21st February 2012 08:06 PM

Try to get Mr Vampire 4 as well if possible. :)

I'd also recommend these (for starters) from the Legendary Collection:
Devil Fetus (more serious horror)
Blue Jean Monster, The
Doctor Vampire
Peacock King, The (fantasy)

Magic Story is a movie for kids btw. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 218780)
its an excellent disc, with some genuinely well done extras and a great commentary track. Make sure to watch the american nightmares cut as well!

Whenever I get a disc with different cuts of the film and a commentary, I tend to watch all versions and listen to the commentary - this will be no exception.

As it is only recently arrived, it should be at the bottom of my priority list but, due to this praise and the recommendations, I may make an exception!

marvinnashsear 21st February 2012 08:42 PM

King Kong (original) 2 disc set cos, well, I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen it. Also bought Citizen Kane for the same reason. Felt there were some gaps that needed filling. And Play better hurry up and send out Repo Man cos I'm getting pissed off waiting. Only ordered it in bloody October furgodsake.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 218800)
Whenever I get a disc with different cuts of the film and a commentary, I tend to watch all versions and listen to the commentary - this will be no exception.

As it is only recently arrived, it should be at the bottom of my priority list but, due to this praise and the recommendations, I may make an exception!

I used to be the same, but in recent months I've given up all that. Just cba listening to a lot of the commentaries anymore. And even though I can watch subtitled films, I cba watching subtitled extras. I turned off the Luigi Cozzi interview on Four Flies after about a minute. :lol:

g053584398 21st February 2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 218794)
Try to get Mr Vampire 4 as well if possible. :)

I'd also recommend these (for starters) from the Legendary Collection:
Devil Fetus (more serious horror)
Blue Jean Monster, The
Doctor Vampire
Peacock King, The (fantasy)

Magic Story is a movie for kids btw. ;)

I have my eye on Mr Vampire 4, although it is currently more than I would like to pay for it.

I had also wondered what Devil Fetus and Blue Jean Monster might be like, so I am grateful for your recommendation.

I already have the HKL DVD of the Peacock King, otherwise I would have picked that one up already. Do you have the sequel, by the way, and what are your thoughts with regards to that one?

I hear what you say about Magic Story, but is it any good?

Handyman Joe 22nd February 2012 12:07 PM

3 Goodies in today from Planet Axel (whose delivery times are excellent these days) -

BUs The Stendhal Syndrome - goddam it the back of the case is all wrinkly, what is it with these slim cases? also a few small gouge marks. It was only 6 quid so it must have been a shitty load of stock they were getting rid of.

The King Kong digibook - now you're talking, this looks amazing. Question to the floor - are all the US digibooks this good? This is my first one and I wasn't expecting it to be so substantial, well chuffed with it.

Horror Express - it's an oblitigary purchase isn't it?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd February 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 218907)
The King Kong digibook - now you're talking, this looks amazing. Question to the floor - are all the US digibooks this good? This is my first one and I wasn't expecting it to be so substantial, well chuffed with it.

By and large, they are all as good as that, with the book part of the packaging containing a mix of writing, photos and publicity material, with each release having different amounts of each.

I've just received the German BD of Lake of the Dead (Beneath Still Waters) and, from Baseball Fury, The Wicker Man limited edition DVD set.

Gojirosan 22nd February 2012 12:14 PM

Red Letter Day at Goji Towers:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...55766257_n.jpg

Also got this:

http://pickyourpresents.com/images/f...py_397x480.jpg

Beyond72 22nd February 2012 12:37 PM

CEX

Death rides a Horse
Revenge of the Nerds I/II
Halloween 4/Halloween 5/ Boogeyman/Boogeyman II

Couldn't resist seeing how bad Boogeyman II is for £1 :lol:(*Edit* Sadly it's the even lamer redux version) , well at least I don't own H5 already. :/

Was gonna treat myself to a Twilight Zone season 1 (Org) boxset, but they couldn't find the cover :( and only offered me £1 off the price. :mmph:

Also was really surprised to see some Arrowdrome titles in there, Funhouse and House by the Cemetery (£3 each) - Pity I already own them on DVD.

platostotal 22nd February 2012 03:29 PM

6 Attachment(s)
An eclectic mix here. CREEPSHOW £5, BANGER SISTERS 75p, ZARDOZ £2.50 from CEX, HMV had KRONOS for £7.

platostotal 22nd February 2012 03:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked these up for the princely sum of £13 at HMV, CARLITO is a blast and contains one of Cinema's best 'serves him right' gotcha moments.

Baseball Fury 22nd February 2012 03:52 PM

Got a £15 Amazon voucher from Lovefilm, so picked up The Funhouse on blu and the Arrowdrome Penitentiary. Had to pay a whole extra £1!

wongfeihung62 22nd February 2012 05:43 PM

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...mwdow60_12.jpg http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...oPh1w60_12.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd February 2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 218959)
An eclectic mix here. CREEPSHOW £5, BANGER SISTERS 75p, ZARDOZ £2.50 from CEX, HMV had KRONOS for £7.

The Banger Sisters is a great film Plato, very underrated.

bdc 22nd February 2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 218825)
I have my eye on Mr Vampire 4, although it is currently more than I would like to pay for it.

I had also wondered what Devil Fetus and Blue Jean Monster might be like, so I am grateful for your recommendation.

I already have the HKL DVD of the Peacock King, otherwise I would have picked that one up already. Do you have the sequel, by the way, and what are your thoughts with regards to that one?

I hear what you say about Magic Story, but is it any good?

I hope you actually like the films I recommended as it's always hard to recommend films to others imho.

I just got the sequel to Peacock King on dvd but it's been ages since I watched it...re-watched Peacock King recently though and probably will be giving Saga of the Phoenix a spin soon.

I haven't seen Magic Story,I only read about it.
I'm curious myself so please post your thoughts. :thumb:

Hawkmonger 22nd February 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 218959)

The gun is good and the penis is evil! :pound:
Gotta love Zardoz.

wongfeihung62 22nd February 2012 07:06 PM

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g72/taj-hob/3-1.jpg

French releases with Japanese/English audio and French subs. Total cost inc postage was £25.00, pretty reasonable for 8 movies. They are 2 disc sets and contain.

GODZILLA VS BIOLLANTE
GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA
THE RETURN OF GOZILLA
GODZILLA VS SPACEGODZILLA
GODZILLA & MOTHRA
GODZILLA VS MEGALON
GODZILLA VS DESTOROYAH
GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA

wongfeihung62 22nd February 2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 219010)
I hope you actually like the films I recommended as it's always hard to recommend films to others imho.

I just got the sequel to Peacock King on dvd but it's been ages since I watched it...re-watched Peacock King recently though and probably will be giving Saga of the Phoenix a spin soon.

I haven't seen Magic Story,I only read about it.
I'm curious myself so please post your thoughts. :thumb:

I have a soft spot for Mr Vampire 4 as its the only one that I have seen at the cinema. A very enjoyable movie and recommended.

PaulD 22nd February 2012 07:17 PM

http://thehut.pantherssl.com/product...925-227000.jpg

Just under £16 from sendit.com. Started watching the first few episodes on a free Netflix trial but that's finishing soon and as I'm only watching through a Wii it's not great PQ.

bdc 22nd February 2012 07:18 PM

Arrived... ;)

Three Swordsmen, The (1994) (Universe)
Vampire Combat, The (2001) (Mei Ah)

http://b.dv1.us/p1/026/012026-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/210/017210-d0.jpg

Nordicdusk 22nd February 2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 218962)
Picked these up for the princely sum of £13 at HMV, CARLITO is a blast and contains one of Cinema's best 'serves him right' gotcha moments.

Two fantastic films im waiting to pick up the Dirty Harry Blu Ray box set off PLAY its only 20 odd euro.

nekromantik 22nd February 2012 07:22 PM

ASF is just lame.
:)

I not seen Mordum yet but Murder Set Pieces baby scene is much more realistic.