Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 14th August 2010 11:39 PM

Picked up the UK Blu-ray of Evil Dead 2, as it's a fave, and I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting it. The transfer is a bit soft at times, but a marked improvement over previous DVD releases. Then again, at this period of time in cinema a lot of films were shot 'soft' as a stylistic choice, so this may well be a totally faithful representation of the source material. These films were never big-budget affairs anyway and invariably shot on the cheap.

But don't be put off, the UK release from Optimum is hands down the best I've ever seen it look. I'm more than happy with it and glad I went with Reaper's recommendation. I can't imagine this looking any better, although I'll probably be proved wrong at some point!

Also just watched the Blue Underground Blu-ray of The Toolbox Murders and it's a huge improvement over their previous DVD. Well worth adding this one to the collection as I know this will never look better. Top marks to BU for an amazing transfer.

the blob 15th August 2010 12:13 AM

Looks like I'll have to wait till a get a Region B player for ED II then. Didn't fancy the reviews of the AB blu.

Time to offload my Toolbox Murders dvd then!

Daemonia 15th August 2010 12:30 AM

The BU Blu-ray of Toolbox Murders is quality, mate. I'm well pleased with it. BU are doing a fine job with their catalogue on Blu-ray.

Can't wait for The Prowler to arrive now! :)

The Limey 15th August 2010 11:18 AM

I watched Shout Factory's BD of Roger Corman's Humanoids From The Deep.
Good AQ and AQ frankly and a worthy upgrade from the DVD.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th August 2010 12:12 PM

I'm just about to put ol' Norman Bates into the BD player....I'll let ya know the outcome.;)

Wax on,or wax off Steve? :lol:;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 97224)
I'm just about to put ol' Norman Bates into the BD player....I'll let ya know the outcome.;)

Wax on,or wax off Steve? :lol:;)

:lol: I've heard nothing but positive reviews for the quality of Psycho, so it looks like wax off :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th August 2010 12:31 PM

:lol:

I'll give that Piranha 2 a quick whirl today,seeing as it's you Stevie....:happy:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2010 12:35 PM

Thank you kindly sir. :thumb:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th August 2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 97168)
The BU Blu-ray of Toolbox Murders is quality, mate. I'm well pleased with it. BU are doing a fine job with their catalogue on Blu-ray.

Can't wait for The Prowler to arrive now! :)

I've still to watch both these.:rolleyes:

However!Schools start back tomorrow-Kids in bed by normal times-violence begins at 8.30 pm from tomorrow night again! :woot:

Watched PSYCHO today.
Classic film and and ABSOLUTE PLEASURE TO WATCH IN HI DEF!

The extras are also superb.What you all waiting for?

Only problem is now-COME ON UNIVERSAL PSYCHO II and PSYCHO III ON SEPERATE BLU RAY RELEASES PLEASE.!

I put my Japanese disc of the also classic PSYCHO II in the BR player,but it wasn't quite the same as watching 1080 BP.....:(

pedromonkey 15th August 2010 07:54 PM

was bored tonight so i spent money....

picked up these in blockbuster...

Paintball
Frontier(s)
Mean Streets

cost me less than a tenner so im now happy....