Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 18th August 2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 97406)
i picked up Fist Foot Way for £2.99 from a local game/dvd shop. It's one of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. Danny McBride is awsome as a Tie Quando teacher who takes himeself far too seriously. It's the first film from thee guy who also directed Observe and Report, if you liked this, Fist Foot Way is for you as it's 10x better.

I also ordered Kill Zone (the UK title for Donnie Yens excellent SPL) from play.com for 11.99 on blu-ray. I cant wait to see this again and in high def!! From what I remember the fights are brutal and well shot and Sammo Hung is the man as the films bad guy.

i liked the Foot Fist Way, Danny McBride is slowly becoming my fave comedy actor, have you seen his HBO show East Bound and Down, it basically his Foot fist Character bu a washed up major league baseball player...

i was in HMV the other day and was torn between Kill Zone and Robin-B-Hood as they were both £7 on dvd and could only afford one, chose the latter instead of Kill zone, hopefully it'll still be £7.00 next time i go in..

ordered a couple of Doovd's today, nothing fancy...

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
- R1 special edition
Robot Monster - R1 Elite release

came to just over £6 so im a happy bunny now, also Amazone refunded me for a dvd i ordered that was no-longer available...

Make Them Die Slowly 18th August 2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 97391)
Today I picked up (after much arguing with the guy in CEX):

Attachment 6367 Attachment 6368 Attachment 6369 Attachment 6370 Attachment 6371

Loops, are you the secret millionaire of Cult Labs? How do you afford all the films you buy? :)

nekromantik 19th August 2010 02:20 AM

Just got my True Blood Season 1 & 2 set and am dissapointed by the packaging.
They replaced the Season 1 digipack with amray and season 2 is amray too. Looks well cheap too. :( Both seasons are in digipacks in the US but would cost £25 more so not worth it.

Vampix 19th August 2010 05:14 AM

Just ordered DVD's of Humanoids from the Deep and Galaxy of Terror. :)

Inspector Tanzi 19th August 2010 10:35 AM

ABSOLUTE POWER - Gotta get those Clint's on blu.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th August 2010 04:25 PM

Sat through THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE last night.(1974)
It's certainly a corker of a Blu Ray,isn't it?:cool:

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th August 2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 97695)
Just ordered DVD's of Humanoids from the Deep and Galaxy of Terror. :)

Good choice. :thumb:

Apart from my hardbox of Dellamorte Dellamore, I just ordered a few more Chuck Norris movies to add to my collection, The Ocatgon, A Force Of One, Breaker Breaker and The Cutter.

Pete 19th August 2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 97669)
Loops, are you the secret millionaire of Cult Labs? How do you afford all the films you buy? :)

I wish! Most of the films I buy I get cheap from CEX. Also, I sold quite a few things on e-bay recently.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2010 07:16 PM

Just ordered:

http://www.sonyinsider.com/wp-conten...tective_uk.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th August 2010 08:14 AM

I've recently purchased these BDs from the Roger Corman Collection:

Piranha
Rock 'N' Roll High School
Death Race 2000
Forbidden World
Galaxy Of Terror
Humanoids from the Deep

The only drawback is that my uncle is going to bring them back from the US when he goes there on business next month so I'll have about a month to wait until I can watch them.