Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th August 2010 05:25 PM

I haven't seen it in years, so i'm looking forward to seeing it again. Another great performance by Michael Moriarty.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th August 2010 05:31 PM

I haven't seen it, so it was a 'blind buy' for me -- Michael Moriarty is a legend! I'll watch the two of them as a double bill one evening when the disc arrives.

mbv 20th August 2010 06:29 PM

The Funhouse
Best of Davidlynch.com
Naked Lunch
Clockwork Orange BD
Dead and Buried
Ravenous
The eye 2
Martyrs BD
Into the mirror
Satanic
Day of the dead(remake....dodging this but 2 euro I couldn't say no)
Snake of June
Antibodies
3 extremes 1+2
Whispering corridors

Make Them Die Slowly 20th August 2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 97889)
That's a great film and one I really should watch more often. One of my lecturers at University wrote her Ph.D. thesis on Larry Cohen's films -- it's a shame I didn't get a chance to read it as it would have been fascinating.

I have quite a few of his films but really want to buy his entire back catalogue as I really like what I've seen.

Cohen seems these days, an almost lost film maker, you hardly ever hear his name mentioned. Personally I think he's up there with the heavy hitters from the 70s like Carpenter, Romero et al.

BioZombie 20th August 2010 09:26 PM

SPL Killl Zone

So glad I stumped up the extra five quid or so for this on blu rather than dvd as it looked fantastic. I watched the making of in SD afterwards which had some clips from the film and they looked awful compared to the HD fantasticness. :rockon:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th August 2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 97919)
[b]SPL Killl Zone[/]b

So glad I stumped up the extra five quid or so for this on blu rather than dvd as it looked fantastic. I watched the making of in SD afterwards which had some clips from the film and they looked awful compared to the HD fantasticness. :rockon:

Not only that, you also get nice player generated subtitles on BD compared to those terrible ones on dvd.

pedromonkey 20th August 2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 97914)
Cohen seems these days, an almost lost film maker, you hardly ever hear his name mentioned. Personally I think he's up there with the heavy hitters from the 70s like Carpenter, Romero et al.

Cohen only writes films about telephones these days, he wrote Phone Booth, Cellular and the more recent Messages Deleted.
I have Q, The Winged Serpent, had it for about 3 years but have still never watched it.
The Stuff was great cheesy fun. Anyone seen his Masters of Horror episode, The pick up, t'is very good.

in relation too The Terror Within double feature....i have that too, not watched them yet though...

nekromantik 20th August 2010 11:14 PM

Might get hatchet for £3

LineSix 21st August 2010 12:02 AM

Just ordered The Toolbox Murders on blu-ray from AxelMusic, only a tenner including postage so seems to be a good deal.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st August 2010 06:41 PM

Now here's a fave of mine,and the Blu Ray comes highly recommended.

AMERICAN PSYCHO......Grain intact,but crystal clear,and fantastic sound.LADY IN RED actually sounded quite good! :eek:

Bales performance was SUPERB!

One of the best actors in movies today.:nod: