Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 6th October 2013 05:57 PM

I really like The Black Cat,solid Italian gothic imho. :thumb:

Zann 6th October 2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 370339)

The Black Cat

...with Inspector Warbeck and Sergeant Cliver. Whoever said Fulci couldn't do quaint?

keirarts 6th October 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 370339)

Black cat is very underrated.

Frankenhooker 7th October 2013 09:48 AM

I just popped into cex and picked up 'The Bergman Collection' (Hour Of The Wolf, Shame, The Serpent's Egg and The Passion Of Anna) for £1. Yes, Passion Of Anna is slightly cut, yes a couple are in the wrong AR but £1 ? Mental.

I also bought Antonioni's 'The Passenger' and both seasons of 'Rome'.

demonknight 7th October 2013 10:04 AM

Off work today. Postman here earlier. One package delivered.
Re-Animator 3 disc special edition from Germany ;)

trebor8273 7th October 2013 10:27 AM

Just preordered big trouble in little china steelbook direct from arrow can't see it being cheaper than 13.99 any place else

Big Trouble in Little China

Wes 7th October 2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 370461)
I just popped into cex and picked up 'The Bergman Collection' (Hour Of The Wolf, Shame, The Serpent's Egg and The Passion Of Anna) for £1. Yes, Passion Of Anna is slightly cut, yes a couple are in the wrong AR but £1 ? Mental.

I also bought Antonioni's 'The Passenger' and both seasons of 'Rome'.

That is one hell of a pick up, what is that, 25p per masterpiece. I never saw a bad Bergman film. The Passenger is fantastic as well, one of Antonioni's finest films...

oaxaca 7th October 2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 370472)
Just preordered big trouble in little china steelbook direct from arrow can't see it being cheaper than 13.99 any place else

Big Trouble in Little China

Nice spot, I'll go for that too!

Frankenhooker 7th October 2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 370474)
That is one hell of a pick up, what is that, 25p per masterpiece. I never saw a bad Bergman film. The Passenger is fantastic as well, one of Antonioni's finest films...

I was expecting to get to the counter only to be told it was priced incorrectly, they had 'The Passion Of Anna' on it's own for £3.50, it makes no sense. Easily my best find in there, although I once found Arrow's 'Demons 2' (comic and all) for 50p. The price structure in cex is erratic at best.

The only Antonioni films I've seen are 'Blow Up' and 'L 'Avventura', I liked them both, especially the latter.

trebor8273 7th October 2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 370480)
I was expecting to get to the counter only to be told it was priced incorrectly, they had 'The Passion Of Anna' on it's own for £3.50, it makes no sense. Easily my best find in there, although I once found Arrow's 'Demons 2' (comic and all) for 50p. The price structure in cex is erratic at best.

The only Antonioni films I've seen are 'Blow Up' and 'L 'Avventura', I liked them both, especially the latter.

Totally agree on there prices found hard to find stuff going for next to nothing and total crap going foe silly money:crazy: