Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 08:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This arrived today. :)

Attachment 66946

Attachment 66947

Nagaman 31st May 2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 246472)
When you get a dvd packaged like this, you pretty mych know what kind of state the box and cover inside will be like. Absolutely no padding in the packet at all!

Attachment 66945

Judging by the packaging, it looks like you're gonna have one of those 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles in there from 'All Your Music'. :lol:

oaxaca 31st May 2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 246477)

Attachment 66946

Attachment 66947

Looks like a work of art!!

Refused 31st May 2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Attachment 66946

Attachment 66947

Got mine through too, can't wait! Jubilee weekend will be all about this film, I might even finally get round to starting The Complete History of Return Of The Living Dead.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 246481)
Looks like a work of art!!

Looks great, although Second Sight haven't quite got the idea of a steelbook right yet. Printed logo on the front, silly blu-ray banner, and all that info printed on the back of the steelbook. But it's a small price to pay for ROTLD with the original unaltered soundtrack and the More Brains documentary.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 246483)
Got mine through too, can't wait! Jubilee weekend will be all about this film, I might even finally get round to starting The Complete History of Return Of The Living Dead.

The only thing not listed on the back is that it has 2 trailers as well. I was kinda disappointed when I looked at the back and saw there were no trailers, but they're definitely there. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 246479)
Judging by the packaging, it looks like you're gonna have one of those 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles in there from 'All Your Music'. :lol:

Just opened it. It was a dvd, Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost. Surprisingly,the box, etc is perfect. Phew! Only thing was, thank god it was a new, sealed dvd. The wrapper is covered in sticky residue from the packaging.

Attachment 66948

Sobral 31st May 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

When you get a dvd packaged like this, you pretty mych know what kind of state the box and cover inside will be like. Absolutely no padding in the packet at all!

Attachment 66945

I HATE that, and usually give a feedback of 3/5, mentioning that it is because of the poor packaging.

Nagaman 31st May 2012 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up these three from HMV on the way home yesterday...
£8 each & £5 for The Thing. :)

Nagaman 31st May 2012 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
...and when I got home, this had arrived from HMV.com... :woot:

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 246494)

Yay!!

Nagaman 31st May 2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 246495)
Yay!!

Looks like a pretty damn good release overall.
Would have looked better without the BBFC rating on the front though...

Gojirosan 31st May 2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Attachment 66945

I was a sceptic when I got my first orders from AYM, but I have rarely had any problems with damage - certainly no more than I have from padded packaging. I think that vacuum plastic is very tough and actually quite a good way of doing it.

And I buy A LOT from AYM.

Pete 31st May 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Attachment 66945

I received loads of packages like that and, bar one occasion, they've all been fine.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 246494)

Looks like a great set. I ordered mine from The Hut as I had a 10% voucher. However, they are waiting for stock and I'm waiting for my Steelbook!

sawyer6 31st May 2012 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This package that arrived today could make Stephen vomit

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 246459)
Just ordered this at $20.99 on amazon.com:

https://www.planetaxel.com/resources...0o_300x200.jpg

I watched my copy a few days ago and it looks and sounds outstanding, a vast improvement from the DVD. It helps that 12 Angry Men is one of the best films ever made with taut direction, and brilliant screenplay and superb performances by the ensemble cast.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 246484)
Looks great, although Second Sight haven't quite got the idea of a steelbook right yet. Printed logo on the front, silly blu-ray banner, and all that info printed on the back of the steelbook. But it's a small price to pay for ROTLD with the original unaltered soundtrack and the More Brains documentary.

That's very strange as they have released several Steelbooks before, including The Texas Chain Saw Massacre three disc DVD set.

Maybe you should volunteer to QC their Steelbooks and artwork!

damek 31st May 2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 246334)
Took advantage of the last few day's of Planet Axels free shipping month and pre-ordered these Blue Underground DVD triple packs.

I have almost all those BU movies on the pics myself, but the boxes are great, and yes "Shock" is great. One of my faves.

darthelvis 31st May 2012 11:36 AM

Tucker & Dale VS Evil £3 on HMV, ordered!

BAKA 31st May 2012 11:48 AM

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...A/pickup69.jpg

From the past two weeks. There seem to be a lot of people picking up The Perfume of the Lady in Black this past couple of weeks; well you can add me to that list. Never seen it, and can't wait to see it. Sadly I wasn't a fan of the Island steelbook art, so went for the regular release.

I wouldn't normally include books in my posts here but I have a feeling Gillian Flynn would appeal to a lot of people here. Her first book Sharp Objects reminded me a lot of Rosemary's Baby, a bubbling sinister undercurrent where things aren't quite what they seem. Her second, Dark Places, features a murder club, a group of people who meet at conventions to buy, sell, trade memorabilia from real life murder cases, debate cases, try to solve unsolved cases and attempt to enlist survivors to be guest speakers! It felt so novel and kitsch to me. It spiralled brilliantly into something quite touching, if depressing. I can't comment on Gone Girl yet. Forgive the hard sell (I assure you I’m in no way connected to the books or the author, or the publishing house), but I feel her work deserves a wider audience.

sawyer6 31st May 2012 11:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 246541)
This package that arrived today could make Stephen vomit

BAKA just gave a hint so here,very nice packaging from Play

Susan Foreman 31st May 2012 11:59 AM

Charity Shop

@ The Dangerous Sex Date (Arrow Films DVD) £0.75p

BAKA 31st May 2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 246563)
BAKA just gave a hint so here,very nice packaging from Play

I was wondering what was in the silver package! I love Play's new Steelbook packaging.

sawyer6 31st May 2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 246570)
I was wondering what was in the silver package! I love Play's new Steelbook packaging.

Yes it's very good :nod:

antmumford 31st May 2012 12:46 PM

I succumbed to PlanetAxel's free shipping as it's their last day and ordered the Dark Crystal/Labyrinth (Brain Froud Art Edition) Blu-ray boxset. I've been wanting them both on Blu for ages but just never got round to getting them so having them together with that lovely box art is a bonus.

Can anyone confirm if their free shipping is also included on their Pre-orders, or is that just too good to be true?

https://www.planetaxel.com/resources...11_300x200.jpg

PaulD 31st May 2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 246576)
Can anyone confirm if their free shipping is also included on their Pre-orders, or is that just too good to be true?

Since they charge you instantly I'd have thought the free shipping would be included on pre-orders too

antmumford 31st May 2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 246578)
Since they charge you instantly I'd have thought the free shipping would be included on pre-orders too

Yeah good point, in fact I just checked as I want the Limited Edition Walking Dead Season 2 but the price is still a lot more than amazon.com with shipping so I may as well just use Amazon.
Does anyone know if Amazon cover any import duties as the set is around the £50 mark so I assume it'll get stung with charges etc ??

ReturnToZero 31st May 2012 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived yesterday.

Ironmaster

Des Morts
Banketten

Attachment 66961

Gojirosan 31st May 2012 01:26 PM

Some disaster films...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/Gojirosan/df.jpg

...and a wonderful disaster of a film! :D

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...rosan/eitd.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 246579)
Yeah good point, in fact I just checked as I want the Limited Edition Walking Dead Season 2 but the price is still a lot more than amazon.com with shipping so I may as well just use Amazon.
Does anyone know if Amazon cover any import duties as the set is around the £50 mark so I assume it'll get stung with charges etc ??

Everything shipped from Amazon.com to the UK has the full customs declaration so, at £50 plus postage, HMRC would charge you quite a bit in 'handling fees' as well as every penny of the £15 threshold.

With that in mind, I'd order from Planet Axel as they shop from mainland Europe.

Baseball Fury 31st May 2012 02:29 PM

Pretty gutted I ordered ROTLD with Amazon because if Demons 2 is anything to by (only turned up on Tuesday!) it'll be here in about 4 years.

Mojo 31st May 2012 02:35 PM

Nightbirds / The Body Beneath

Body is a bit of a chore, though it does have its ( strange ) moments, I guess. And why was it called The Body Beneath anyway? :der:

Nightbirds was better. Wasn't sure about it at the beginning but I enjoyed it more as it went along.

The Black Panther

Having never seen this one before, I didn't quite know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. Excellent film. The BD also has a short film entitled Recluse which is also very good ( and in some scenes quite chilling ).

Sobral 31st May 2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 246576)

[IMG]

Yes, pre-orders included.

Daemonia 31st May 2012 03:08 PM

Recently picked this up:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

And this just shipped from Amazon :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Gojirosan 31st May 2012 03:19 PM

Anyone ordering from Planet Axel, please double check the orders!

I just ordered £55 worth of stuff and the order went through 3 times! Glad I decided to check it!

antmumford 31st May 2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 246594)
Everything shipped from Amazon.com to the UK has the full customs declaration so, at £50 plus postage, HMRC would charge you quite a bit in 'handling fees' as well as every penny of the £15 threshold.

With that in mind, I'd order from Planet Axel as they shop from mainland Europe.

Yeah Planetaxel is £54 in total so it's worth the extra money for the security of knowing I won't get stung anymore after that. Decision made. I now need to sell many of my other DVD's to make the money back as I'm skint this month. :(

Oh the joys of being a collector :loco:

tollickd 31st May 2012 03:35 PM

Last day of free shipping on planetaxel so I got

https://www.planetaxel.com/resources...71_300x200.jpg

https://www.planetaxel.com/resources...92_300x200.jpg

https://www.planetaxel.com/resources...39_300x200.jpg

Gojirosan 31st May 2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Attachment 66946

Attachment 66947

Mine hasn't shipped yet. :(

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st May 2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 246662)
Mine hasn't shipped yet. :(

Where did you order it from?