Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 07:32 PM

Don't think I'm saying they're terrible and that you've wasted your money as I enjoyed them in a film junkie kind of way.

Sargento 14th December 2010 08:06 PM

Nah Nos ... but the thought of Stryker "acting" ... shudder!!

:lol:

oaxaca 14th December 2010 08:31 PM

Bought Metropolis steelbook today from CEX for £15 which I though was a very decent price. Cant wait to watch it, the booklet of 50+ pages it comes with is really excellent. Also picked up Texas Chainsaw Massacre seriously ultimate edition for £6.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 08:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Latest orders.....

Argentofan 14th December 2010 08:52 PM

Rambo 2
Rambo 3
The Expendables
Salt
Halloween 4
Long Weekend
Driven
Made In Britain
Cape Fear (boxset)
ER season 5
Derren Brown tricks of the mind season 1
Hard Candy
P2
Death Smiled At Murder
The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things
Blood & Black LAce
The Beyond
Dressed To Kill
The Killer Must Kill Again
Baba Yaga
Footprints
Delirium
Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above Suspicion
Death Carries A Cane
Stagefright
Short Night Of Glass Dolls
Pyjama Girl Case
What Have You Done To Solange?

It's gonna be a DVD filled christmas :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 08:56 PM

Picked up THE EXPENDABLES today....:boom:

re.form 14th December 2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 116998)
Cheers Nos ... not expecting owt special to be fair. The comments you make are the main reasons why I never dipped before ... but they were cheap so decided to add them to my collection.

Edit: Just looked up Zombie 4 and noticed Jeff Stryker is in it .. I think I have seen it on the Horror Channel now! I think he should stick to what he is better known for!

I'm in the minority here (In fact I'm probably standing alone) - but I prefer Zombi 3 & 4 over Fulci's original. Why? Zombi 2 is clearly a classic and the better film, but it does plod in the middle and drags slightly.

The two 'sequels', while clearly two of the most stupid films ever made - have a incredibly fast pace and the sillyness is just overbearingly entertaining. I love those two movies. Those + beer = fun.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 09:19 PM

Wow, Argentofan, that's one massive haul! Which Long Weekend did you buy, the original or the impressive remake?

Argentofan 14th December 2010 09:23 PM

Most are second hand from amazon for christmas :D

I got the original, I remember watching it a while ago and liking it so I wanted to revisit it. I didn't know there was a remake. :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 10:14 PM

Yeah, a 2008 movie with James Caviezel and Claudia Karvan. It stays pretty faithful to the original movie yet isn't pointless like Gus van Sant's Psycho or other shot for shot remakes. If you get a chance, watch it and see how you think it compares to the original film.