Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th September 2015 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Recent arrivals:

Zann 28th September 2015 07:57 PM

Bought 88 films Italian collection 1-7 BD for £69.99 - not deal of the century but worthwhile as I'd get 'em all inevitably. The 42nd St doc on Anthro is great.

platostotal 28th September 2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 462932)
Deos anyone have the Optimum 2010 Blu-ray release of peeping Tom, just ordered off amazon but seen some complaints about a over-DNR'd remastering job for this edition.

I'm happy with the 2007 Optimum dvd, interested what you think of the BD when it arrives.

Nordicdusk 29th September 2015 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 170523

Feels like an eternity since I last bought something its been all pre orders lately because I was broke looks like I'm back in the saddle and it feels good :woot:

Inspector Abberline 29th September 2015 06:35 PM

What Have You Bought Recently

4 Attachment(s)

bdc 29th September 2015 09:16 PM

Hitman = black Get Carter. :thumb:

SShaw 29th September 2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 463030)
Hitman = black Get Carter. :thumb:

I was at the Oldenburg International Film Festival two weeks ago where they ran a George Armitage retrospective that included Hitman.

In his introduction George mentioned that he was given a script with the title page ripped off and asked to rewrite it as a Blacksploitation film. He showed the script to a couple of his friends who identified it as Mike Hodges Get Carter. He claims he never saw Hodges film and didn't read the book. But that's pretty obvious when you watch the film as it is missing much of what made the book and Hodges film interesting. It's not a bad film, but its far from great which is a surprise given the sources. Still its better than Stallone's effort which as well as missing the point was also rather pointless.

Oh and the ending. Bah!

I have to say of all the films he introduced, this seemed to be the one he was most dismissive off.

Gold6082 30th September 2015 06:20 AM

I ordered The Hellraiser trilogy direct from Arrow & Knocked £15 off with reward points. I had been debating on it for a while as the price is high but I do love the hellraiser first 3 films + the blu rays I have are atrocious transfers so in the end it was a must for me. Esp as Arrow said they are now down to about 30% stock with a month to go to release,logic says it will be another videodrome if Not purchased Imminently sold by release!

I also finally upgraded from DVD to Blu on the fantastic 1945 anthology Dead of Night,I adore that film and realised It had got left in the "upgrade backlog" so I prioritised it.

Nordicdusk 30th September 2015 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 463017)

Where did you get dredd ?

gag 30th September 2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 463017)

I know judge dredd with stallone isnt a fantastic film, but it still pretty decent(ish) and dont think it deserve the bad rating and slagging of it gets
Think part of the reason is because he takes his helmet off and that didnt go down well.