Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th February 2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477833)
Unfortunately that would probably mean by passing blu-ray completely and going cyber space only...i'll pass on that, thank you. ;)

There's no pleasing some people!

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 477839)
There's no pleasing some people!

Of course not. We're cult movie fans. Nothing's ever right. :D

oaxaca 13th February 2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 477791)
It seems quite a few of us grew up in the 1980s.

Was anyone else like me, and exactly the right age to get into horror when the BBFC reclassified (or classified for the first time) many films in 1999, leading to rereleases of films including The Exorcist, A Clockwork Orange and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre?

My much older sister snuck me into showcase cinema to see the re-release of The Exorcist at the tender age of 13 :D A formative experience!

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 477832)
I've heard he still rocks a gramophone at home too. :nod:

I'd love a gramophone. :nod:

Wouldn't you?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th February 2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477858)
I'd love a gramophone. :nod:

Wouldn't you?

I would indeed...

Why, are you offering? :eyebrows:

Justin101 13th February 2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Was anyone else like me, and exactly the right age to get into horror when the BBFC reclassified (or classified for the first time) many films in 1999, leading to rereleases of films including The Exorcist, A Clockwork Orange and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre?

I got into horror early enough that my first exposure was with heavily cut video tapes. I did go and see TCM when it was 'unbanned' and it showed theatrically for a little while. That was the first time I saw it.
I saw The Exorcist for the first time on a tape my friend bought from Amsterdam along with A Clockwork Orange which I got my mum to buy me when she went to Holland for a holiday.

platostotal 13th February 2016 11:13 PM

My first 'Horror' fix was Dr Who and The Avengers in the mid to late 60s, When we moved to the States in 68 a school friend's mum showed me Dark Shadows on tv, that was me addicted (until my mum found I was watching an afternoon horror-soap round my mates after school and put an end to it) Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine followed by pestering for my own B/W portable tv in 74, and late night horror movies awaited through out my teens (way before the newfangled video machines:lol:)

fuzzymctiger 14th February 2016 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477807)
This place is full of kids. :mmph:

Be lucky if any of you have ever seen a video cassette. :wise:

How about negative 7? :pound:

Don't worry though, I have quite a nice collection of video tapes

plasterface 14th February 2016 10:50 AM

horror vids

Quote:

i still have the special vhs box sets of the exorcist and clockwork orange box sets with books , around that time was first time i saw clockwork and texas but had seen exorcist on a friend's pirate video

plasterface 14th February 2016 10:51 AM

vhs

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 477929)
i still have the special vhs box sets of the exorcist and clockwork orange box sets with books , around that time was first time i saw clockwork and texas but had seen exorcist on a friend's pirate video

got em from woolies as well