Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Frankenhooker 31st December 2015 03:23 PM

Picked up season three of The Bridge and finally bought Mad Max Fury Road, I haven't seen it, to be honest it doesn't look like my sort of film but it was cheap.

platostotal 31st December 2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 472614)
Picked up season three of The Bridge and finally bought Mad Max Fury Road, I haven't seen it, to be honest it doesn't look like my sort of film but it was cheap.

I've seen Fury Road twice, thought it was great, in fact I may get the B/W version if George Miller releases it (he prefers it that way apparently) go into it with an open mind aimed toward a bigger more CGI style of 'Maxness' and you may find it quite a ride.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st December 2015 06:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Last purchases of the year arrived. Ended up getting Passenger 57, The Long Kiss Goodnight and Next Of Kin from Amazon Japan (yes they do have Japanese writing on the spines [emoji38]) as I'm sick of US blu-rays and receiving the majority damaged at the edge of the spine because of those crappy flimsy eco cases.

Attachment 173759Attachment 173760Attachment 173761

keirarts 31st December 2015 06:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 173762 Attachment 173763

Two more for me. Love the Third man and looking at this new release I'm glad I missed out on the Criterion one. This looks way better.

keirarts 1st January 2016 10:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
One more Welles film (TV series in this case) and a bit of Andy Milligan. BFI stuff seems to be going down in price.

Attachment 173782 Attachment 173783

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 472616)
Last purchases of the year arrived. Ended up getting Passenger 57, The Long Kiss Goodnight and Next Of Kin from Amazon Japan (yes they do have Japanese writing on the spines [emoji38]) as I'm sick of US blu-rays and receiving the majority damaged at the edge of the spine because of those crappy flimsy eco cases.

Attachment 173759

Anaconda and Lake Placid. Two rather fine creature features.

I saw them both at the cinema back in the day. Seeing your post makes me want to dig them out again and give them a rewatch. Especially the Anaconda box set.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st January 2016 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest arrivals of 2015 (most of which arrived some time ago):

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st January 2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 472638)
Anaconda and Lake Placid. Two rather fine creature features.

I saw them both at the cinema back in the day. Seeing your post makes me want to dig them out again and give them a rewatch. Especially the Anaconda box set.

I'm going to have to get that Anaconda boxset. Seems like the cheapest way to get parts 2-4.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 472662)
I'm going to have to get that Anaconda boxset. Seems like the cheapest way to get parts 2-4.

Have you seen Lake Placid vs Anaconda?

Is it worth picking up?

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st January 2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 472663)
Have you seen Lake Placid vs Anaconda?

Is it worth picking up?

I haven't seen it yet. You'd think with that title, they'd have a returning character from the Anaconda series though, seems just Yancy Butler & Robert Englund from the Lake Placid films in it.