Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 04:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Latest purchases:

mr 420 30th January 2017 04:40 PM

Just got 101 films Exterminator 2 from HMV today. How does it hold up? Is it as Cannontastic as I remember? :thankingyou:

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 519346)
Latest purchases:

Nice purchases, B_E.

Well apart from The Imp. That's rubbish. :tongue1:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 519350)
Nice purchases, B_E.

Danke!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 519350)
Well apart from The Imp. That's rubbish. :tongue1:

I couldn't remember much about this one aside from it was pretty enjoyable in a silly sort of way. Re-watching it the other week, 'silly' is about right and it is more than a little cringey in places. Still, it satisfied my desire for cheesy '80s effects and Linnea Quigley, and remains one of the better Full Moon films that I've seen.

Justin101 30th January 2017 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple for me from HMV, I wanted to pick up the new edition of Jerry Maguire but I couldn't see any about!

Deadite 30th January 2017 05:10 PM

Surprised at so much love for Ghosts of Mars. Thought i was in a minority for liking it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 519353)
Surprised at so much love for Ghosts of Mars. Thought i was in a minority for liking it.

It's one a few of us have been championing for a few years now.

I still don't rate Vampires though. A film that gets worse with each watch whereas GOM improves.

plasterface 30th January 2017 05:38 PM

odds n sods

steelbooks of kill list and high rise, showing of Ben Wheatley's new film free fire with Q and A showing in Newcastle next month so hoping on the off chance to get kill list signed.

intruder blu just for sake of collection , found it annoying first time i saw it years ago maybe that'll change.

death wish 3 on blu which is pretty hilarious, massage parlour murders which was pretty dull will probably hang on to it for cameo of brother Theodore who i think is great.

23rd century dvd of empire of ash which had me laughing start to end

pre-ordered house collection and pirahna steelbook, hoping second sight re-release some of their older films as steelbooks ie the brood and from beyond.

finally a mate selling off part of his poster collection ,got foreign lobby cards of the brood and from beyond (must love them films) turkish poster of the omen and thai poster for the last hunter (never seen film but always wanted a thai poster)

J Harker 30th January 2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 519354)
It's one a few of us have been championing for a few years now.

I still don't rate Vampires though. A film that gets worse with each watch whereas GOM improves.

That's interesting as I've always liked Vampires, in fact I think it's gets better with each viewing but have always been put off Ghosts of Mars due to its less than stellar rep.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 519373)
That's interesting as I've always liked Vampires, in fact I think it's gets better with each viewing but have always been put off Ghosts of Mars due to its less than stellar rep.

I loved Vampires when i saw it at the cinema but over time it seems to have dated quite badly to the point i actually got rid of my dvd a few years ago. I've since bought it back as it's needed for the JC collection, but i've no desire to ever watch it again.