Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 20th February 2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 521911)
Yeah, that Mr. A.M.Azon is a generous dude.

still not bought anything(sold a lot), a friend going to sell it to CEX as they didnt like it much and as they would only of given £4, he gave it to me(the dvds)

watched the first few epiosdes and enjoyed them, what gets me it goes on for 9 seasons, does he tell the story to his kids for the whole 9 years ?

J Harker 20th February 2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 521934)
still not bought anything(sold a lot), a friend going to sell it to CEX as they didnt like it much and as they would only of given £4, he gave it to me(the dvds)

watched the first few epiosdes and enjoyed them, what gets me it goes on for 9 seasons, does he tell the story to his kids for the whole 9 years ?

Not really but it is nine years of flashbacks. I don't think it's necessarily told in chronological order either so in some ways the writing is quite clever to make it all come together. Don't get me wrong it doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything but it's certainly a decent enough time waster and far better than bollocks such as that big bang shite.

Justin101 20th February 2017 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A trip to Fopp, quite underwhelming selection in there today but I still walked out with a load of stuff I'd been meaning to pick up for a while. The Tarkovsky is the final one I need for my collection and is £18 everywhere so was surprised to see it for a tenner.

Attachment 187339

Justin101 20th February 2017 04:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's not everyone's cup of tea but to think last year I'd never seen a single Tarkovsky film and now I have all of them. 2 of them among my favourite films (Ivan's Childhood and Mirror) now. I'm really glad I took a chance to seek them out.

Attachment 187340

Attachment 187341

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th February 2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 521998)
A trip to Fopp, quite underwhelming selection in there today but I still walked out with a load of stuff I'd been meaning to pick up for a while. The Tarkovsky is the final one I need for my collection and is £18 everywhere so was surprised to see it for a tenner.

Attachment 187339

Do Fopp still have the BFI stuff on offer?

Justin101 20th February 2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 522008)
Do Fopp still have the BFI stuff on offer?

No, they had 101, Film 4, and the OEG Hollywood Classics

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th February 2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 522009)
No, they had 101, Film 4, and the OEG Hollywood Classics

Thanks, Justin. A bit disappointing. I was hoping the BFI offer was still on.

Inspector Abberline 20th February 2017 05:28 PM

com'on lets be appalling

4 Attachment(s)
We take fat people from the inner cities, put them in big nappies, and then get them to throw each other out of a circle that we draw with chalk on the ground.

monkeypedro 20th February 2017 08:27 PM

Married with Children is a great series. I have been watching it for the last couple of months and just coming up to season 8.

Inspector Abberline 20th February 2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 522035)
Married with Children is a great series. I have been watching it for the last couple of months and just coming up to season 8.

Yeah Ive been hanging back from buying the series , until I saw the box-set going cheap so could not resist...