Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 2nd March 2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 568091)
Don't know about you, b_e but i haven't seen a postman since Monday.

Me neither, but it’s not too bad today, just windy, so I expect he’ll be coming and leaving my gate open to bang in the wind this afternoon at some point :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd March 2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

The only day the post didn't come was yesterday, so I got double-post today (only a VAC CD and 88's Watch Me When I Kill BD from the 5 for £30 offer).

I get all my parcel related post delivered to my office though so not sure about the status of domestic deliveries.

I just ordered the above from Wow, so likely it will ship later today/early tomorrow and arrive mid-March sometime.

Nostalgic 2nd March 2018 01:51 PM

Silver Bullet turned up today, well done amazon when everyone else seems to be using the snow as an excuse to phone in sick!

trebor8273 2nd March 2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

same here, a bit of snow and the country has grounded to a halt, when i was a kid every winter was like this and the post always seem to get through, i partial blame health and safety as its seems royal mail will not allow posties out in case they might fall and hurt themselves, supermarkets without food and newsagents not getting papers. the way the papers and press are going on you would think it was a new ice age. all the weather really show is how incompetent the country is to deal with a little snow, many country's have it worse than us and they all seem to manage!

trebor8273 2nd March 2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 568115)
Silver Bullet turned up today, well done amazon when everyone else seems to be using the snow as an excuse to phone in sick!

been waiting for a delivery since Tuesday but i suppose it depends on which warehouse stuff is coming from and what part of the country you are from, was it Amazon logistics or another courier that delivered?

Nostalgic 2nd March 2018 02:40 PM

Amazon logistics, even the postie turned up with some junk mail.
It is sad when the country stops because of a couple of flakes of snow, look at places like russia, they just get on with it.

Rik 2nd March 2018 02:50 PM

My postman has just come, and I’m pleased to say he shut the gate behind him for the first time ever! :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd March 2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 568132)
My postman has just come, and I’m pleased to say he shut the gate behind him for the first time ever! :lol:

It's probably because he left satisfied for a change. :lol:

Justin101 2nd March 2018 03:10 PM

Two from Zoom, Call Me By Your Name was only dispatched yesterday so well done delivery guys for 1 day delivery in the middle of a blizzard! Purge Trilogy was last week, during the Zoom 1 day sale for £9.00

https://preview.ibb.co/ceUrhn/IMG_0522.jpg

gag 2nd March 2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 568118)
same here, a bit of snow and the country has grounded to a halt, when i was a kid every winter was like this and the post always seem to get through, i partial blame health and safety as its seems royal mail will not allow posties out in case they might fall and hurt themselves, supermarkets without food and newsagents not getting papers. the way the papers and press are going on you would think it was a new ice age. all the weather really show is how incompetent the country is to deal with a little snow, many country's have it worse than us and they all seem to manage!

Been on about similar thing today , In Darwen when I was a kid and it snowed it was hell of a lot worse then than now and the schools rarely closed we still went, so what's gone wrong how did society cope then but can't cope now puzzles me no end .
And tbh fair their was less shops , meaning their wasn't as many superstore like asda tesco etc (other supermarkets available as well) A single snowflake and as soon as of lays people panic :scared:, seriously yes it cold and windy no doubt so just put on some thick clothes or thermals and pucker up and deal with it , society really is getting to point of wet arses and wimps . like you said what we got is sod all compared to other countries bet they don't act like its end of the world .