Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 6th August 2020 07:44 AM

I'm guessing the 80p was for the dog flashback.;)
Worth every penny...

trebor8273 6th August 2020 12:06 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Arrived today , can't member much of minder apart from the theme tune and my farther loved the show. Be interesting to see what it's like no way it can be as bad as I love lucy, nothing could be.

Justin101 6th August 2020 12:36 PM

Treb, you have bought around 2 years worth of shows this past week :lol: I can't even find the time to finish watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and it only has 30 episodes :lol:

trebor8273 6th August 2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 632261)
Treb, you have bought around 2 years worth of shows this past week :lol: I can't even find the time to finish watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and it only has 30 episodes :lol:

I'm look at them and thinking what have I've done, never going to have time too watch them all!

Will take a year or more just to watch murder she wrote.

Demoncrat 6th August 2020 04:28 PM

Treb, early Minder is a delight, sadly the over emphasis on humour in the later series begins to grate IMHO. ENJOY!!!!!!!

Village/ Children of the Damned (US dvd with comms!!!) £1.
Omen IV (had to split up a box set due to the first two films being coasters ahem) UK dvd. £1.

So that's my night sorted haha.

trebor8273 6th August 2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 632274)
Treb, early Minder is a delight, sadly the over emphasis on humour in the later series begins to grate IMHO. ENJOY!!!!!!!

Village/ Children of the Damned (US dvd with comms!!!) £1.
Omen IV (had to split up a box set due to the first two films being coasters ahem) UK dvd. £1.

So that's my night sorted haha.

Still worth watching the later ones?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th August 2020 06:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My purchases this week; Ready or Not from Zoom and the Premium Collection releases from HMV.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th August 2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 632298)
My purchases this week; Ready or Not from Zoom and the Premium Collection releases from HMV.

When Premium Collection titles are 2 for £15, why would you purchase an odd number of titles?

Or were you simply completing the collection and having to get one for a tenner as there was nothing else to get and the tenner is still better than what you would normally pay.

Demoncrat 6th August 2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 632290)
Still worth watching the later ones?

As I say it's my opinion, I stopped watching it as my attention was drawn away by ... other things ;)
The earlier ones are somewhat sillier excursions into Sweeneyland in tone. As it progresses Arfur's antics began to annoy me.
You may feel wildly different.

ENJOY!!!

trebor8273 6th August 2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 632304)
As I say it's my opinion, I stopped watching it as my attention was drawn away by ... other things ;)
The earlier ones are somewhat sillier excursions into Sweeneyland in tone. As it progresses Arfur's antics began to annoy me.
You may feel wildly different.

ENJOY!!!

Think the ones I remember are later with Arthur behaving like some demented ferengi!

But watching the pilot it is very Sweeney.